Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Images Out of Order in Lightroom?

smcphotos
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Images Out of Order in Lightroom?

I shot a wedding with 3 cameras, all with the time clocks synced beforehand. Now in lightroom, the images don't seem in order. Two cameras were 5DmkIII's and they are synced in chronological order, but the 5D classic images are not.

How can I view ALL the images in chronological order? They should be, in my mind, since 2 of the cameras are correctly viewing.

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM
James_N
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Images Out of Order in Lightroom?

The first thing I would do is click on View > Sort and verify that both "Capture Time" and "Ascending" are selected, then hit F5 to refresh the view. If the photos are still not in correct sequence its likely that one or more of the cameras' clocks were incorrect so you'll need to correct the time in the EXIF metadata.

If you need to change the time I do not recommend using Lightroom to do so; there are several other applications that will change all the relevant time fields in an image file while Lightroom does not change them all.

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Images Out of Order in Lightroom?

So I take it selecting view>sort>capture time is not doing the job, correct? Next step look at two you believe and not being shown correctly and check the original date and time stamp in the right panel under Metadata with Exif and IPTC selected. If the time stamping indicates they are in fact in the correct order then one or both of the cameras must be out of sync.

Nov 20, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Images Out of Order in Lightroom?

It's pretty hard to sync times precisely and yet easy enough for two or three photographers to get at least some photos taken at almost the same instant. Some cameras only go as accurately as the nearest second whereas others can go down to small fractions of a second.

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM
TJSarchett

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Images Out of Order in Lightroom?

Hmm, I've had mine come in out of order sometimes too, from just one camera!

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.