Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List
  

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST
  
 
tonyhart
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


Ok, thanks to everyone who contributed on the other thread, I feel like I'm honing in on the right choice. I've pulled across the most popular choices from the other thread and based on some good suggestions (cheers Rich!) I've also created a couple of other options. Some are are reworkings of images from the thread, while some are totally new. Feedback please!

Remember, the aim is as follows:

- Create something eye catching and arresting
- Convey the brand
- Make the business memorable

If you'd like to see the directory listing format, take a look here: http://www.thelovelustlist.co.uk/category/south-east-photographers/

1.





2.





3.





4.





5.





6.





Edited on Nov 20, 2013 at 04:08 PM · View previous versions



Nov 20, 2013 at 04:06 PM
BKphotography
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


3 or 5 for me mate.


Nov 20, 2013 at 04:08 PM
carriedaway
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


Still like 4 and 6. I do like how others look on the site with words, but I don't like the examples that you've provided. I feel like the type and colors don't fit the images. Does that make sense?


Nov 20, 2013 at 04:21 PM
tonyhart
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


Thanks guys. Yep, I understand the point you're making, but the GreyGreyRed is a logo so not up for modification. Have to say I disagree personally, but appreciate the input.


Nov 20, 2013 at 04:25 PM
Mitch W
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


#15 had 5 votes in the original thread, not enough to make it to your short list? I still think that #15 would get brides' attention. Given your short list here though, I go with #4, as that has the most personality of the bunch.


Nov 20, 2013 at 04:26 PM
tonyhart
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


Mitch, I discounted 15 because I felt like it was too far dissociated from my brand. I'm not after the overly cool and trendy "we love V-DUB campers" crowd. The van was the centrepiece of that image for me. I like the shot, but don't want it to stand alone representing my brand. That's why I discounted it.


Nov 20, 2013 at 04:27 PM
ricardovaste
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


2


Nov 20, 2013 at 04:30 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Mitch W
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


tonyhart wrote:
Mitch, I discounted 15 because I felt like it was too far dissociated from my brand. I'm not after the overly cool and trendy "we love V-DUB campers" crowd. The van was the centrepiece of that image for me. I like the shot, but don't want it to stand alone representing my brand. That's why I discounted it.

That makes total sense then. Looking forward to seeing which one you end up choosing.



Nov 20, 2013 at 04:44 PM
dhp_sf
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


3 or 6 (presumably with 5, having your name on the image would be somewhat redundant given the listing already has your name on it).


Nov 20, 2013 at 06:09 PM
sherijohnson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


#6


Nov 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM
tonyhart
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


Duy, I guess my thinking was as follows. When I visited the listings, I found that I literally paid ZERO attention to the blurb on the left and was only interested in the image. After looking through them, the only thing I could recall was Ben Goode who had his name within the image itself. It was also arguably the best thumbnail but I was impressed that I actually recalled the business name. There was also Alexander Leaman but I found the logo a bit OTT and I was therefore a bit less compelled by that.

Interestingly, in the gym tonight I did a blind test on the girl on reception. (I think she thought I was hitting on her). She went for image number 2 unequivocally.

Really appreciate the input and not disagreeing, just trying to explain my thought process.



Nov 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM
ricardovaste
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


tonyhart wrote:
Interestingly, in the gym tonight I did a blind test on the girl on reception. (I think she thought I was hitting on her). She went for image number 2 unequivocally.


She sounds like a genius



Nov 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM
dhp_sf
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Ad Thumbnail - Help Me Choose SHORTLIST


tonyhart wrote:
Duy, I guess my thinking was as follows. When I visited the listings, I found that I literally paid ZERO attention to the blurb on the left and was only interested in the image. After looking through them, the only thing I could recall was Ben Goode who had his name within the image itself. It was also arguably the best thumbnail but I was impressed that I actually recalled the business name. There was also Alexander Leaman but I found the logo a bit OTT and I was therefore a bit less compelled by that.

Interestingly, in the gym tonight
...Show more

Makes sense. You're probably right that most people won't be looking at the blurb first. But if the image catches their eye it might. Dunno... I use The Knot and I think they disallow photos with text on them for thumbnails so I never really thought about it.



Nov 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM





FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password