Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

ctlim
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Sharing more images from my recent photo tour in Iceland I led with friend Iurie Belegurschi, most of the time I found myself just looking at our clients go around and shoot and I wasn't doing much. The weather was not like 12 months ago, (last time I went Sept 2012), everyday was off and on so you really could not do much planning more so if you have accomodation and travel with 13 other people.

Anyways I did find a few short windows to capture some photos by myself that I think would at least sit well with my collection of shots from Iceland.

Thanks and advance for viewing and putting down your comments, they are much appreciated. You may see more of my photos from www.500px.com/christianlim

Deep Blue Something

Been listening to alot of 90s alternative music the past few weeks so I guess the title would be relevant specifically to this image. Golden light from the sunrise passes through a bit of cloudless mid sky illuminating the areas around the entrance of Geysir. Here is an image of one of the blue pools which could look like an entrance to the underworld.

5D3 | 16-35 II | F22 | ISO50 | 3.2S | ND64 | Lee 0.6HE

Edited on Nov 21, 2013 at 08:44 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2013 at 01:59 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Suspended

Ok so now I wanted to get a Monochrome shot of Kirkjufell out of the cam, with my picture style adjusted to specifically shoot black and white instead of conversion from a color profile. During my first time I had some really good light during sunset and even got the first shots of this place taken in Invisible Light (with a Hoya R72). I ran quick with my camera mounted for one shot as it was about to rain, no GND, the balance was perfect, off the live view it was obvious. So saved time by not having to mount the filter holder and the Grad. Always check first!

5D3 | 16-35 II | F11 | ISO 55 | 2.5s | ND400

Edited on Nov 21, 2013 at 08:45 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:07 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Portrait of Öxarárfoss

Öxarárfoss is a small waterfall in Pingvellir National Park, a short stop to hunt for some magic mushrooms and visit this site. I was here before and had taken a shot in good light from a vantage point down the stream with some foreground so I pointed my companions to the spot. It got too crowded hence I opted to shoot something else, this one with a mid range lens as I could see everyone with a wide angle, though that was what I was going for, initially.

Base Image 5D3 | 24-70 II | F22 | ISO 50 | 2s | ND400 | 2 Images Manually Blended In for correction of highlights and shadows.

Edited on Nov 21, 2013 at 08:46 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:14 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Oblivion

I set off to Iceland not very mindful of shooting northern lights but instead to capture some really good glacier ice flowing from the jokulsarlon lagoon to the black beach.

The sunset was inviting at the lagoon but I've been there 2x already during this trip, so this time I took one shot early from the lagoon and rushed all by myself to the beach catching these blocks of ice amongst a few I took near the end of the shoreline. Sunset is quite different in this area during September as the sun sets behind the glacier and not directly on the horizon on the ocean side. So I was hoping for some light to reach the area before I decided to ditch the glacier lake.

Ironic, that I was all alone and the rest were shooting at the lagoon, basically the same stuff they had already taken the day previous.

the title, inspired by the movie OBLIVION.

5D3 | 16-35 II | F8 | ISO320 | 2s | Lee 0.9 SE |

Edited on Nov 21, 2013 at 08:49 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:21 AM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

All I can say is: FANTASTIC SHOTS!!!!

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:56 AM
matthewh133
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

LOVE that last one. Awesome. I'm going to be there late August/Early September next year. Are you saying this isn't a good time for the sunsets at the lagoon and black sand beach?

Nov 20, 2013 at 03:25 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

The sun does not rise or set on the ocean horizon during those months matthew if that is what you are after.

Nov 20, 2013 at 04:52 AM
camboman
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

All these are great, but #2 stands out to me. Foreground and sky compliment each other perfectly!

Nov 20, 2013 at 09:18 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Thanks camboman

Nov 20, 2013 at 07:55 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Lovely images! 2 and 4 are my favs here. Thanks for sharing!

Nov 21, 2013 at 02:09 AM
ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Great images. The last one is very special. The ice looks superb.
Ute

Nov 21, 2013 at 02:29 AM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Last pic is my pick. I love the perspective and the water treatment.

Jason

Nov 21, 2013 at 02:33 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

very nice set! Last one is superb - as they all are. I was going to try and get there in Feb/March, but changing it to October/November.

Nov 21, 2013 at 01:46 PM
danchez
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

just wish you posted them a bit bigger...

Nov 21, 2013 at 08:40 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

danchez, here you go. reposted larger sizes for all images. excuse interpolation (if any) these are links to my flickr page. thanks.

Nov 21, 2013 at 08:50 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Love the moody black and white. The last is really dramatic and beautiful as well. Thanks for posting. Every time I see images from Iceland they make me really want to travel there for an extended period of time.

Dave

Nov 21, 2013 at 09:38 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

very nice.. especially #2 and #4

Nov 22, 2013 at 03:39 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

thanks guys, ending this posting with one more image so sorry I have a habit of adding a 5th.

Noble Columns

Golden Hour in Husafell Basaltic River in Iceland, the waters are actually blue during summer and sometimes in winter. The past few days it kept raining so all the movement of the earth changed the color of the stream.

5D3 | 16-35 II | ISO 50 | F20 | 20s | ND64 | Lee 0.9 SE | Lee 0.3 HE

Nov 23, 2013 at 04:15 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

stunning pics!

Nov 24, 2013 at 07:17 PM
Mirza Ahmad
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Some wonderful images, thanks for sharing.

Nov 25, 2013 at 07:15 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.