New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · nikon repair 70-200vr1

JeffAUSTIN
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · nikon repair 70-200vr1

dont see much on the forums so I thought I would share my $420+ repair bill on my original 70-200vr1. I complained of soft focus wide open at 200mm 2.8. they fixed it and replaced a bunch of parts declaring impact damage. I have no complaints. its like brand new with snappy af and tack sharp images wide open at 200mm 2.8. my only nit is that its a tad noisier than before(I can hear stuff working inside the lens when operating focus). so thats it in a nutshell. 400+ bucks and my 1300 dollar lens is tack sharp again. It has always been a workhorse in my lineup and I wanted to thank nikon for the less than 2 week turnaround.

Nov 19, 2013 at 07:16 PM
low325
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · nikon repair 70-200vr1

aww man, im hearing that term again, "impact damage"

anyhoot, glad it worked out for yah - good to know they were able to fix the problem

Nov 19, 2013 at 07:20 PM
leewoolery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · nikon repair 70-200vr1

JeffAUSTIN wrote:
dont see much on the forums so I thought I would share my $420+ repair bill on my original 70-200vr1. I complained of soft focus wide open at 200mm 2.8. they fixed it and replaced a bunch of parts declaring impact damage. I have no complaints. its like brand new with snappy af and tack sharp images wide open at 200mm 2.8. my only nit is that its a tad noisier than before(I can hear stuff working inside the lens when operating focus). so thats it in a nutshell. 400+ bucks and my 1300 dollar lens is tack sharp again.
...Show more

Jeff:

That's exactly what mine cost to fix...the repair bill was 2 pages long and it looked like they replaced everything in the lens...same goes for my 24-70.

Impact damage?

I never dropped either of those lenses.

Well...I guess thy're as good as new.

My AFS-II teleconverter was scratched and they sent me a brand new one for $140.00

Lee Woolery
Speedshot

Nov 19, 2013 at 08:58 PM
mirandamember
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · nikon repair 70-200vr1

The 70-200 2.8 (Nikon or Canon) has one of the shortest "weeks to failure" record in rental inventories:

"70-200 f/2.8 lenses are likely to fail no matter who makes them. We think of them as ‘built like tanks’ because they have that heavy, all-metal case. That case, though, is as packed with mechanics and electronics as anything you’ve ever seen. There’s a LOT of stuff in there that has to work perfectly. Inevitably, some of that stuff breaks."

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/08/lensrentals-repair-data-2012-2013

Nov 19, 2013 at 09:42 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.