New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Kelby Trainning

PeteT
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kelby Trainning

So I'm looking to extend my knowledge beyond concert shoots and basic editing in Lightroom.

I got a good start with the videos on PPA.edu, but was hoping to get into something with a bit wider scope. What does everyone think of Kelby Training? Its $200 a year and seems to have a lot of selection there.

Thinking about potentially pulling the trigger, and hoping they do some sort of Cyber Monday sale!

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kelby Trainning

They have a free trial. I did the trial and it was OK. My subject was video. Lots of no cost tutorials around that gave as much information but they have it all in one place. Look into Creative Live as they offer free classes. Of course you have to purchase if you want to view later.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM
BruceF99
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kelby Trainning

I like Kelby Training. I've had a subscription for a couple of years. The Joe McNally, Jay Maisel, PS and LR classes are really helpful. Their best deal of the year is usually Cyber Monday. In the meantime, they have been airing a free class for a week (or month?) pretty regularly now.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM
PeteT
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kelby Trainning

Looks like the Cyber Monday deal is posted now. Just have to wait till the 29th and you get $40 off the year. Seems like that is the best deal I've found with all the coupons I've found online. Anyone have any better deals?

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kelby Trainning

Why don’t you take some shots of what you think you want to so shoot … post them, maybe 3 to 5 shots you like, post in the appropriate thread … and ask for C&C ….
Costs a lot less and you’ll get a whole lot better advice …

Look at the talent around you here … whatever you want to shoot … and it’s free … World class instruction just form the ask’n … just say’n …

Jefferson

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kelby Trainning

lynda.com is also a viable choice. I have tried Kelby and found it adequate. I did find that if I had a question it took a long time to respond or got no response.
But that is my circumstances with Kelby only.

And "Jefferson" is right on!
Dan

Nov 22, 2013 at 03:28 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.