Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

So, I want to buy an eyelighter but...

nixland
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · So, I want to buy an eyelighter but...

Compared to the triflector, is the catchlight the only differences?

Jul 07, 2014 at 05:27 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · So, I want to buy an eyelighter but...

nixland wrote:
Compared to the triflector, is the catchlight the only differences?

There are some subtle differences. I believe the parabolic curve and continuous nature of the eyelighter produces superior results. Additionally, because the surfaces of the triflector are not curved, you have to angle the side pieces higher in order to achieve similar results and when you do that you end up getting some unwanted reflections if you are using rim lighting.

I had the triflector originally but IMO the eyelighter is well worth the extra $100.

Jul 07, 2014 at 12:48 PM
nixland
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · So, I want to buy an eyelighter but...

jzucker wrote:
There are some subtle differences. I believe the parabolic curve and continuous nature of the eyelighter produces superior results. Additionally, because the surfaces of the triflector are not curved, you have to angle the side pieces higher in order to achieve similar results and when you do that you end up getting some unwanted reflections if you are using rim lighting.

I had the triflector originally but IMO the eyelighter is well worth the extra $100.

Thanks a lot for the info. I am very interested and curious to this continuous curve reflector.

Jul 08, 2014 at 10:11 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · So, I want to buy an eyelighter but...

here's a negative. Now that i've used it on several sessions. It's somewhat similar to a ringlight in that it needs to be right in front of the eyes for best effect. So if the model turns her head and looks in another direction the catchlight is no longer in the right place. In some ways I prefer a standard reflector with an assistant as it's much easier to move it when the model turns her head but of course you don't get the wrappping even though I have my assistant curve the reflector somewhat to simulate the eyelighter.

Jul 08, 2014 at 10:48 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · So, I want to buy an eyelighter but...

fyi, apparently b&h has them in stock now according to the autobot email I just got

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password