Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Critique our wedding packages

jamesmorophoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Critique our wedding packages

That just lowers the perceived value of wedding photography: "sure, have another photographer..no charge.. We're a commodity".

I would make a point about the value of the 2nd photographer and call it something like "two eyes are better than one," or "dual perspective coverage" so they ask about it and give you an opportunity to explain the value. I charger more than you without a second shooter. Do you really want to do twice the work for 1/2 the pay? Two pro photographers = two pro rates, or a marginally discounted 2nd rate.

Pricing like this just hurts the industry bc clients are led to expect 2nd shooters for free, and they don't understand why I can't just "throw in" a 2nd shooter to match a competitor. Your packages (all of you husband wife pro teams), should start at least $1000 higher than solo photographers.

1) charge for TWO PROFESSIONAL photographers

2) what's the point of a 12 page album? that's tiny. the base page amount of most album companies is 10 leaves or 20 pages. I don't think they'd even bother to make something that tiny. it would just look silly and look more like a fancy leather-bound brochure.

3) I wanted to read it from right to left. so definitely reconsider the order.

4) you go from 6hrs to all-day coverage in the other packages. i get that you want to offer all-day coverage, and you like the new-age option of being able to add 'sides' to your order. take it further and just make your whole menu a la carte, or get rid of the add-ons options and just decide what goes in what package. the point of multiple packages is to make the low package undesirable, and the middle one the best option. Shrink it to 3 packages. simplify things. create an option for those only wanting DVD coverage.

People are critiquing your prices and 2 photographers b/c those are fundamental parts of your pricing menu that can't be ignored.

If you just want feedback on the design and layout, then:

change the layout to read left-to-right

EVERYONE uses fancy 'luxury' and 'platinum' package names. It's cliche and cheesy.

your menu looks like a template you bought off etsy. Put some branding and images into it. it kind of looks like some fancy brunch menu at an old restaurant. the colors seem oppressive and dull. it doesn't look modern.

use the cyan and gray from your website--that looks great.
ditch the ornate symbols.
p.s. get an "@rightstartphotography.com" email address. the hotmail address isn't professional.

Bartlett Pair wrote:
I'm guessing because she's trying to brand her and her fiance, as is common for husband-and-wife teams. The same is true for us; we don't allow clients to hire just one of us in an attempt to get a discount. Though obviously I agree the fact that you're getting two photographers should be reflected in pricing.

Nov 19, 2013 at 02:46 PM
Bartlett Pair
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Critique our wedding packages

Yes I agree that branding/pricing should reflect the fact that you're paying for two signature photographers. Our entire brand (name/website/consultations/pricing packet etc.) makes it quite clear that you're hiring a husband-and-wife team. Every one of our clients clearly understands the inherent value of a team that has done every wedding together and it's what gets our clients most excited.

Nov 19, 2013 at 03:07 PM
DONIV
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Critique our wedding packages

I glanced at your package for 3 secs and instantly realized you missed a step before creating your packages. YOU FORGOT TO FIGURE OUT THE COSTS OF RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS DOH!!!! I hate when that happens!

Good thing you posted. It just saved you a slow, painful, confusing death.

Crunch some numbers, then create the package. You will be enlightened. Steak>ketchup sandwiches

Nov 19, 2013 at 03:16 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Critique our wedding packages

lol

Nov 19, 2013 at 09:53 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Critique our wedding packages

I agee some of the general comments here.

As passing through, someone said "make it as easy as possible for your clients to spend as much as possible".

I agree. But it made me wonder something. How many pages do you guys have on your packages / pricing / brochure?

Nov 20, 2013 at 09:33 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.