Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

dgleason
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

Squeezing in a few more engagements before winter sets in.C&C welcome. Thanks for having a look!

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
ShaneMD
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

So good Dustin, so good.

To critique, I love the colours, the interactions and she seems so happy to be with that guy. Awesome. The only one I didn't like was 16. It almost strikes me as though he is in a feminine pose or something. I can't quite put my finger on it.

My favs #6 and #8

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

Thanks Shane! And I see what you mean about 16...I think it might be the way his body is twisted. I shot several poses there so I'll see if I have a better one.

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

Nice set, any complaints I could come up about these would just be nit picks. (e.g., the last one seems less clean than the others, would be nice if the blacks were cleaner and they were completely silhouette, also I'd like to have seen the tree tops rather than so much emphasis on the grass, same actually with 1, and 3, the objects you use for framing seem to take up too much space, I'd prefer more subtle use personally, oh and I guess while I'm on a roll the house in 5 I'd have either cut the white space on the sides to just use the wall or shown the roof sides completely, it bugs me that at the edge of the roof you can almost see the end but it was clipped)
BTW nice framing on 15

As always just my 2 cents.. its all subjective

Nov 19, 2013 at 01:43 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

This is a really fantastic set of images, great colour, brilliantly well thought out composition. I love the black and white also. All in all a bit of a winner really. Some minor nits, things to work on, but largely it's superb work:

#3 Composition is great. I'd be inclined to have turned on lens profiles and fixed the slight distortion in the fence though.

#12 Bit of sensor dust in upper left quadrant. Otherwise a SUPERB image.

#15 I'd clone out the highlight area in the extreme lower left. Such a great shot though.

#16 Agree with others on guy's posing.

#17 I'd like greater separation of the groom's head. So close to perfect.

This is my favourite engagement session in a long time. Thanks very much for sharing.

Nov 19, 2013 at 02:38 AM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

stevez32 wrote:
Nice set, any complaints I could come up about these would just be nit picks. (e.g., the last one seems less clean than the others, would be nice if the blacks were cleaner and they were completely silhouette, also I'd like to have seen the tree tops rather than so much emphasis on the grass, same actually with 1, and 3, the objects you use for framing seem to take up too much space, I'd prefer more subtle use personally, oh and I guess while I'm on a roll the house in 5 I'd have either cut the white
...Show more

Thanks for the feedback. On #5 I actually shot that a little wider, but in post I realized there was a car in the frame...so I cropped it out

Nov 19, 2013 at 03:07 AM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

tonyhart wrote:
This is a really fantastic set of images, great colour, brilliantly well thought out composition. I love the black and white also. All in all a bit of a winner really. Some minor nits, things to work on, but largely it's superb work:

#3 Composition is great. I'd be inclined to have turned on lens profiles and fixed the slight distortion in the fence though.

#12 Bit of sensor dust in upper left quadrant. Otherwise a SUPERB image.

#15 I'd clone out the highlight area in the extreme lower left. Such a great shot though.

#16 Agree with others on guy's posing.

#17 I'd
...Show more

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Now that it's been pointed out, the posing on #16 bothers me now. I think at the time I was just trying to come up with a different pose..Had to laugh a little though when I noticed he had used that shot as his profile pic on FB... At least I know he likes it

Thanks again!

Nov 19, 2013 at 03:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

byCalin

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

I really like the feel of the photos. Well, it is very subjective, but I would not place the subject in the centre of the frame in so many photos...again, that is just me...Also, there are a few photos where the girl collar bones and hips are straight to the camera...a big no no in fashion, but if that was your artistic vision, than hats off to you!

Again, I like this and I would be proud if I shot such an Eshoot!!!

Nov 21, 2013 at 03:08 AM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

byCalin wrote:
I really like the feel of the photos. Well, it is very subjective, but I would not place the subject in the centre of the frame in so many photos...again, that is just me...Also, there are a few photos where the girl collar bones and hips are straight to the camera...a big no no in fashion, but if that was your artistic vision, than hats off to you!

Again, I like this and I would be proud if I shot such an Eshoot!!!

Thanks for the critique. I agree that I could have done a little better with some of the posing here. I think maybe I got a little lazy because they were just so easy to work with. I would basically tell them where to be and they would give me the moments. Definitely could have refined some of the poses to make technically better images, but I do like the fact that almost all of what you see is them being themselves with little interference from me.

I did end up with more center comps again..doesn't really bother me, but I'll keep working on more variety.

Thanks again!

Nov 21, 2013 at 04:00 PM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

Great set, colours are just awesome, you must've had great time together. Centre posing works here imo.
Good job.

Nov 21, 2013 at 07:05 PM
JonMold
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

Great set - Love the connection between the couple.

Like the PP too.

Just a few very small points:

#17: try and get the couple in a clean spot, you've 95% done this. But his head just touches tree, I small matter, but I think a little PS would clean it up.

#2: same really, very minor point, try and get their heads in a clean spot.

But great set, bet they're well chuffed.

Nov 22, 2013 at 03:59 PM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

Thanks for the comments! I've got this shot that's a little cleaner, but I do like the first one better. I'll probably deliver both.

Nov 22, 2013 at 09:44 PM
tdurnan
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · J + A Engagement ( 17 images)

Really nice set. Solid cohesive processing throughout. Nice candid feeling in most.

Nov 24, 2013 at 09:55 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password