Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Cerise Computers - Feedback?

TexSchneider
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cerise Computers - Feedback?

Does anyone have any experience with Cerise Computers? ( http://www.cerise.com/desktop.htm )

They make desktops that fit the needs of creative types. Their approach and components seems intriguing. I am wondering if anyone has had actual experience using one of their machines.

Also, any comments from technical minded folks would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tex Schneider

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cerise Computers - Feedback?

IMHO, too expensive, almost by a factor of x2. Can you build your own? Are you confident enough to, or can you seek the help of a friend and do so together?

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM
TexSchneider
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cerise Computers - Feedback?

Paul:

Thanks for the feedback.

They seem to use the best components. For example, they use enterprise hard drives.

I went through their website and watched the short videos about how they build the machine optimized for creative types. It makes sense to me, but I am not a technical person. I would not try to build a machine myself.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cerise Computers - Feedback?

TexSchneider wrote:
Paul:

Thanks for the feedback.

They seem to use the best components. For example, they use enterprise hard drives.

Meh. The computer is expensive for what you get. The case looks old with the legacy USB 2.0 ports. The drive choices are odd and the SSDs are probably the cheap ones. I don't even see any 4TB data drives available. The "Enterprise" SATA drives are mainly designed for NAS, and some even perform worse as singles than the corresponding workstation drives. The 10K SATA drives are the WD velociraptor gamer type drives. Real enterprise drives are SAS. Look elsewhere for comparisons.

EBH

Nov 19, 2013 at 02:00 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cerise Computers - Feedback?

building a desktop is fairly easy today as it has been for years now. 2-3 hours of hardware build (and that's going slow). load up the OS (about another 45 minutes) and you are on your way.
1- you learn about every component you put in
2- warrantees are generally longer depending on the part
3- you end up knowing pretty much all about what's going on inside.

Nov 19, 2013 at 03:46 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password