Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Florals a bit different

birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Florals a bit different

Shasoc wrote:
Nice job, Birdie. I'll tell you what I see. I don't know what kind of effect you were after, but they seem to me that overall they lack a bit on sharpness especially the Focus point.
They also show some hard edges with halos around the petals, especially the first two, the second one mostly on the viewer's left side.
The third image looks the best on my monitor but I'm looking for more sharpness in the center of the flower.
Having said so I really appreciate you experimenting with new techniques. Keep trying. That's what makes us better and frees our creativity
Socrate

Hi Socrate ! Thank you . I should have used my tripod or monopod at least . Not sure about the halos, as I did not do too much to them in post . You are right about the center sharpness, need to try for that next time .

Birdie

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:03 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Florals a bit different

Plinian wrote:
Spectacular colors and remarkable detail, Birdie!

I think the multiple exposures are interesting, but I bet you could be even more "creative"...if you haven't seen it, take a look at Ursula Abresch's work.

Thanks for sharing. ~Greg

Hi Greg . Thank you for the link, gorgeous work. Does give me some thoughts

Birdie

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:06 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Florals a bit different

CDaescher wrote:
Cool experimentation, Birdie.
I like the second image best here.
Another way to use double exposer is to take one sharp image and the second way out of focus.
This adds a glow to the image while still having a hunch of sharpness. Not everyones cup of tea.
Works best on a tripod and well defined separation between subject and BG like in your last image.
Also don't be afraid to shoot at f5 or wider for this.
Chris

Hi Chris ! Thank you so much for the suggestions. I definitely should have used a tripod , plus it was windy .
I definitely will give this another ago . Had not thought about shooting wider , will definitely try that, thanks

Birdie

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:08 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Florals a bit different

morris wrote:
These are all perfect execution as usual for you with flowers. The second is wonderful with our being able to see through the flower

Morris

Thanks Morris , do appreciate that you like them. You come up with so many creative and different things.

Birdie

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:09 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Florals a bit different

You just love to play don't you Birdie

This is difficult work to critique. I think it is a learning curve to get it where you want to be. Personally it's not quite working for me and for some of the same reasons Socrate pointed out.
You mentioned you 'foot-zoomed' on a shot, that reminds me of a few shots I did back in my film days with using a zoom lens and zooming during the exposure, something you might try as it can give you that sharp focal point that anchors the image IMO.

That link that Greg provided is really some excellent works of creativity. Very shallow DOF or maybe even use of a Tilt/Shift lens.

Have fun with it and keep playing!
Karl

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:10 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Florals a bit different

dorian wrote:
very clever, i would have no idea how to do this. nice to see something so creative birdie.

dorian

p.s. i never get tired of shorebirds!

Hi Dorian ! It was fun to play around with different double exposures. Found that I liked ones of the same flower best.
Glad you aren't tire of shorebirds as I have more to come

Birdie

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:11 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Florals a bit different

eyelaser wrote:
I love that you have the ingenuity to try new techniques...a very enjoyable set which begs for more possibilities.
Eric

Hi Eric !

You guys are giving more ideas to experiment and try . That's one of the many things I like about this forum and group You never know until you try.

Birdie

Edited on Nov 20, 2013 at 02:13 AM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

thehotel
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Florals a bit different

Pretty set.

Wacky roger

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:12 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Florals a bit different

OwlsEyes wrote:
This is very creative work. I really like the first image in your post where there effect is less dramatic.

nice to see something really different!
regards,
bruce

Thank you Bruce. Not something for everyone that's for sure Not even sure it is for me, but it is fun finding out.

Birdie

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:15 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Florals a bit different

Karl Witt wrote:
You just love to play don't you Birdie

This is difficult work to critique. I think it is a learning curve to get it where you want to be. Personally it's not quite working for me and for some of the same reasons Socrate pointed out.
You mentioned you 'foot-zoomed' on a shot, that reminds me of a few shots I did back in my film days with using a zoom lens and zooming during the exposure, something you might try as it can give you that sharp focal point that anchors the image IMO.

That link that Greg provided is
...Show more

I don't handle free time well , I must be doing something I see where you and Socrate are coming from . Gives me something to work at and try again. Those were gorgeous shots on that link , not sure how all of them were done, but can try and figure it out . I have never seen or shot with a tilt shift. Now, you have me thinking about tinkering with one

Birdie

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:20 AM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Florals a bit different

Lovely set Roberta,

I can't decide in between # 1 & 2

And Happy Belated Birthday

Lil

Nov 20, 2013 at 05:20 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Florals a bit different

Lil Judd wrote:
Lovely set Roberta,

I can't decide in between # 1 & 2

And Happy Belated Birthday

Lil

Hi Lil! Thank you and so nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Birdie

Nov 20, 2013 at 05:58 PM
ScottHM
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Florals a bit different

Nice work Birdie...always fun to experiment and see what you can come up with.

Nov 20, 2013 at 06:15 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Florals a bit different

Spectacular images, Birdie.
The first appeals a bit more to me than the second- because it's very imaginative AND believable (at first ).
Charlie

Nov 21, 2013 at 05:27 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password