Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

lindabrowne
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

I'm using LR 4.3, now removed and installed LR 4.4 but that hasn't solved the problem I'm having. I usually use one library for everything, but created a new library for one wedding. I was almost done editing when there were suddenly wrong file associations. I reset all the folders and things seemed fine (located one image per folder and had it find the nearby images).

Now it has starting showing images from a wedding in early 2012. I'll click on the thumbnail, it'll bring up the correct image and then suddenly it replaces it with another from a completely different wedding. The file names are not the same. In LR it shows the photo was taken on the 2013 wedding date, but showing the image in Explorer shows the actual 2012 date of the image that is showing up. Hoping it was a one-time fluke of some sort, I removed the 20+ wrong images from LR. Now more are being corrupted. Once I figure this out I can bring the files I'm missing back into a new catalog to work on again, but any ideas on what's going on?? I'm concerned about losing the rest of the catalog edits. All other programs are working fine. Tons of back-ups of the original images, but I'd rather not edit a good part of this wedding again. I already exported part of it when this started happening.

Disk defrag done on a regular basis, not bogged down on memory. I deleted the roaming folder for LR before installing 4.4. Are there other hidden folders associated with images in LR?

Linda

Nov 17, 2013 at 08:59 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

Delete the preview folder for that catalog. That will force it to recreate previews from scratch. See if that helps.

(that's what I did when it happened to me once... never saw the issue again)

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM
lindabrowne
• • • •
p.1 #3 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

Thank you! I'll give that a try. Was it replacing the actual file on you or only corrupting the preview?

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

Yes, the identical thing happened to me sometime back in ver4. I just deleted the preview folder, and all was good. I hope it works for you too.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM
lindabrowne
• • • •
p.1 #5 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

That is very strange. Thank you! I'm only regretting not posting here sooner.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

I had this happen before too. It's what pushed me to use a new library for each wedding.

Nov 18, 2013 at 02:25 AM
lindabrowne
• • • •
p.1 #7 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

paparazzinick wrote:
I had this happen before too. It's what pushed me to use a new library for each wedding.

I'm with you on that. Things seemed to be going well for a while, but now it's doing it again.

Nov 18, 2013 at 05:59 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

I also remember deleting the pref file too. That may do it. Rename the old one, and let it start fresh.

Nov 18, 2013 at 06:35 AM
lindabrowne
• • • •
p.1 #9 · lightroom - corrupt image indexing?

Done. Seems to be alright now. Thank you very much!

Nov 18, 2013 at 07:36 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password