Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Playoffs, Rnd 1 TX HS football

Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Playoffs, Rnd 1 TX HS football

I've not been around much this season. I'd like to be here more, but I've just been super busy. I hope I can at least post each week throughout the playoffs.

Shot a game Thursday (Waskom vs. Union Grove) and Frida (Kaufman vs. Liberty-Eylau)

Both nights had some HORRIBLE lighting. I had to shoot ISO 6400 on the 1D3, underexposing by an entire stop at times to stop the action. It should get better from here.

**EDIT** I didn't notice how terribly noisy these were. I re-edited them and uploaded again. Its crazy...in LR5, most of the Luminance NR slider is at 85-95 on most of these, and they are still TERRIBLY noisy.

11.14.2013 Waskom Union Grove Football-2 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

11.14.2013 Waskom Union Grove Football-4 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

11.14.2013 Waskom Union Grove Football-5 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

4. Ok... I'll admit, I was standing up on this one... I wasn't ready for it

11.14.2013 Waskom Union Grove Football-6 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

11.15.2013 Kaufman vs Liberty-Eylau Football-1 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

11.15.2013 Kaufman vs Liberty-Eylau Football-2 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

11.15.2013 Kaufman vs Liberty-Eylau Football-7 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

11.15.2013 Kaufman vs Liberty-Eylau Football-6 by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

Nov 16, 2013 at 06:41 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Playoffs, Rnd 1 TX HS football

I've been absent most of the season myself. The action looks pretty good in these and sometimes you just have to get what you can in bad lighting. I think you did a good job of working with the conditions.

Bill

Nov 21, 2013 at 09:44 AM
matt.garnett
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Playoffs, Rnd 1 TX HS football

Luckily the 1D3's noise is much smoother than any of the APS-C sensors. Great action though, looking forward to seeing your photos as we go deeper in the playoffs.

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Playoffs, Rnd 1 TX HS football

I like them, but 8 does seem a bit bright on my screen. The rest look dead on.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Playoffs, Rnd 1 TX HS football

^+1, could try the Gradient filter or just the Brush to darken the players in the foreground...

Chris

Nov 22, 2013 at 02:14 PM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Playoffs, Rnd 1 TX HS football

Thanks guys....

Caleb and Chris... I see it. I didn't even think about a gradient filter. I run against a deadline and usually upload from the sidelines before I leave the game.

Nov 24, 2013 at 09:09 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.