Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

For events, for every picture you take, how many frames d...

Brea

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · For events, for every picture you take, how many frames do you take?

I know for things like weddings there will be TONS of pictures... how many frames of each picture do you take and why? I cant imagine taking 4-5 frames for everything...

Nov 16, 2013 at 08:14 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · For events, for every picture you take, how many frames do you take?

The only images where I "purposely" take more than one shot are the formals or artistic when I see eyes. I generally take two shots for every 4 people to lower the chance of blinks. Group of 20? I'm probably taking about 4-6 max. So, that's probably only happening a handful of times during a wedding day. Otherwise, it's 1 shot if I think I got it, or two if it's an exciting moment where I want variety. That's just me.

Nov 16, 2013 at 09:59 PM
leethecam

p.1 #3 · For events, for every picture you take, how many frames do you take?

With flash it's one at a time. No flash then motor drive in silent mode (5D3) at 3 fps is perfect for running of 3 shot sets.

Formals or posed get at least two shots of each - just in case...

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #4 · For events, for every picture you take, how many frames do you take?

Like others noted, I'm one and done except for during formals, when I'll take two. It's always a goal of mine to take as few shots as possible...makes culling much easier.

Nov 17, 2013 at 02:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · For events, for every picture you take, how many frames do you take?

If it's slow going anticipation of moments stuff I'll take one or two if I think someone blinked or made a weird expression just to be safe. I used to just take one and then the near-misses struck me as a really stupid thing to allow myself to do with a digital camera with a giant memory card in it.

For fast-pace action when arms are flailing and lights are shining at me or the sun is glaring or whatever and I can't quite tell for sure if I got the moment, I'll shoot a bit more heavy-handed to be safe.

Nov 17, 2013 at 07:40 AM
wuxiekeji
• •
p.1 #6 · For events, for every picture you take, how many frames do you take?

Obviously with flash it's one at a time, but I use flash a lot less than most people tend to so perhaps your shooting style is similar to mine given your question.

If I'm shooting action I'll sometimes shoot upwards of 20+ shots for each keeper just to get the best action shot. Sometimes you just have to keep your shutter clicking if you're shooting sports or dance or comedy as you never know what's going to happen next. For events more predictable in nature (like weddings), usually 3-5 for each if it's indoors with available light and 2 if it's outdoors with fast shutter speeds. I can usually cull quite quickly to find the sharpest shot, sometimes even automatically by analysing spatial frequency content. With digital, storage is practically free and I'd much rather cull than miss a perfect shot because of a blinked eye, subject shake, or something like that.

Nov 17, 2013 at 01:20 PM
cineski
• • • •
p.1 #7 · For events, for every picture you take, how many frames do you take?

If a really nice moment happens, I'll take 3 shots because people blink.

Nov 17, 2013 at 02:41 PM
byCalin

p.1 #8 · For events, for every picture you take, how many frames do you take?

For group photos I ask them to close their their eyes and open them at the count of 3, then I wait another second and take 3-4 frames.

For other posed photos 1-2 shots are enough.
Finally, candid photos get 1 unless I can go and ask them to do it again...if it is still fresh, they usually can

Nov 20, 2013 at 05:16 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password