p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2014 Senior

C&C Please

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2014 Senior

Holy bokeh Batman!

Sustain: By and large you've done a good job with composition. The pose in the first is mostly very good, and the expression in the second is very pleasant. The light is well-managed in both.

Improve: So the first thing I noticed when I saw these was the bokeh effect, which appears to have been augmented in photoshop (it looks like in the second shot the area between her knees is less blurry than the surround). Any time an effect is more noticeable to me than the subject, I feel that the effect should be scaled back in support of the subject. So, if this was a post effect, then I would dial it down some. In the first image, I would like the pose better if I could see her other arm behind her, probably in back. The second image, she creates a very straight and square shape in the frame, and I would look for ways to introduce more curves/bends. If you're sold on a walking shot, consider having her sachet a tiny bit, with one foot in front of the other.

Nov 16, 2013 at 05:11 PM
marino420td
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2014 Senior

Thanks for the comments Evan. The bokeh is real. These were shot with my Canon 5d mark ii and a 300 F2.8 L lens. This combination produces incredible bokeh.

Point taken on the poses. Definitely a weakness of mine.

Nov 16, 2013 at 08:56 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.