Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Paria Backpack help!!!

diamondroad
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Paria Backpack help!!!

Hello all,

This summer we'll be hiking Paria, White pocket along with Zion and Bryce. I own the Tamrac Expedition 7 backpack....yes it holds everythings BUT after an hour or two of hiking, my back is killing me. I do A LOT of hiking without my gear where I use a GREAT North Face backpack but sadly, it won't hold more than my camera and maybe one lens.

Anyone use a comfortable, proper fitting backpack that can hold a D700, 700-200 and maybe a 24mm prime lens?

Thanks
Steve

Nov 16, 2013 at 01:13 AM
dgdg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Paria Backpack help!!!

check out f-stop bags. they are quite comfy loaded down.
I have an old gregory large pack that is quite supportive loaded down and find it is a little better, but its overkill and the f-stop (loka) works fine.

Nov 16, 2013 at 01:17 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Paria Backpack help!!!

i use a fstop loka and find it perfect for what you describe. i have a 5D2, 35/1.4 135/2 and a 17-40/4 along with like 15 filters and i still have room for water, clothes, food and personal gear. i also strap a RRS tvc-34L onto the back of it. feels real comfy and is designed for photography and hiking.

Nov 16, 2013 at 01:55 AM
diamondroad
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Paria Backpack help!!!

Thanks Killersnowman, those F-stop bags look AWESOME. Now, time to decide which one to buy?

Thanks
Steve

Nov 16, 2013 at 05:10 PM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Paria Backpack help!!!

An alternative would be to grab a real pack with a rear opening like the Deuter FreeRider Pro (many winter sports backs have rear openings) and an F-Stop ICU. The large shallow ICU fits in the FreeRider Pro and holds my D800 with mounted 24-70, 70-200 VRI, 14-24 and Zeiss 100/2.0 with a bit of extra room in the ICU for filters and batteries. The rest of the pack has plenty of room to mount a tripod, add some water, food, 10 essentials and clothing layers. For longer hikes I like this setup better than my F-Stop Loka. That said, if I'm taking more camera stuff that what's listed my Loka with the Pro ICU is a better choice.

Peace,

Todd

Nov 16, 2013 at 08:51 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password