Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Intuos4 professional pen tablet

aonavy
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

Does anyone use one of these or something similar? I'm think about adding it to my workflow. Seems like it might be useful.

Thanks for your thoughts

Nov 15, 2013 at 03:12 PM
NCBY

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

I use mine all the time, it's great for dodging, burning, selections and cloning. Much more precise than a mouse.
Originally bought it for Photoshop work, but I now use it all the time.
I found the cheap tablets work just as well as the more expensive ones.
They do take some getting used to, though. You'll want to throw it out the window the first couple of days

Nov 15, 2013 at 04:41 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #3 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

I want one bad. I really want it for my design works mainly. Id love to free hand draw with it. In due time.

You can use it in Lightroom too.

Nov 15, 2013 at 04:47 PM
whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.1 #4 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

Intuos 4 medium right now. I have the scroll wheel set to all my favorite functions and it works like a dream. I'm considering a switch to a Cintiq since it will be even faster and the functions are direct on screen. The reason why I didn't go Intuos 5 is because it's basically the same thing but with touch control which I could see myself snapping the board in half due to frustration. I also didn't like the grippy stuff on the 5. The Intuos is a really professional tool. Cheaper ones can sometime do the same thing but some are really inaccurate which would make me just want to snap them in half.

Nov 15, 2013 at 05:00 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #5 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

Great! Im glad people like these. I just picked up a intuos4 small for 100$. Thought ti was good deal. Im looking forward to using it in LR5.

can you use it as mouse? if so, do you hold the pen in you hand? I cant wait to get this puppy going

Nov 15, 2013 at 06:23 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #6 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

You can use it as a mouse in a pinch, but it's annoying to move around a large screen with a pen/tablet. I swap the tablet into the spot where my mouse goes when I'm doing retouching, so I use the tablet for mouse control a little bit when I'm switching among applications, but I swap the mouse back into that spot when I'm done retouching.

Basically, don't get rid of your mouse, but you can use the tablet to get around for short periods of time.

Nov 15, 2013 at 06:48 PM
tsilva

p.1 #7 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

I have the Intuos4 med also. I like it so much that I quit using a mouse for anything unless forced to.

Nov 15, 2013 at 06:59 PM
Jeff Simpson
• • •
p.1 #8 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

i need some more input on how well it works with Lightroom, so i can justify buying something else i don't need.

Nov 15, 2013 at 08:00 PM
NCBY

p.1 #9 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

How well it works with Lightroom depends on how often you use brushes.
Brushes are quicker and more precise with a pen.
You do need your other hand to change the size of your brush.
I use it in combination with Motibodo and use my keyboard for anything but brushes, gradients and crops.

Nov 15, 2013 at 08:48 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.1 #10 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

It's a waste if LR is your intended use. Tablets are good for D&B and intensive retouching techniques.

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.1 #11 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

LR needs a multitouch screen IMO so you can adjust several sliders at once. Intuos is mostly for brush and complicated edits. This is one reason why I'm pushing for iPad Photo editing so much for the future.

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #12 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

For those who have this tablet, what setting do you have have? Im trying to figure out what what works best.

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:40 AM
sgtbueno
• •
p.1 #13 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

I have Intuos 3 and I love it.

Nov 16, 2013 at 03:01 PM
blueirisarts
• •
p.1 #14 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

I write left and mouse right... So I love using the pen and mouse/keyboard combo when I am making pen adjustments.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:49 AM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #15 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

Nice! Ive been tweaking the settings. I can see it be useful once you get everything locked down.

Nov 17, 2013 at 05:57 PM
playerofwar
• • •
p.1 #16 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

Anyone experience with Cintiq tablets? Considering the 24" with pen and touch.
I used one last week, but only for a few minutes, so no real experience. Overal I had a very positive impression.

Nov 18, 2013 at 03:21 PM
Jeff Simpson
• • •
p.1 #17 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

jamesmorophoto wrote:
It's a waste if LR is your intended use. Tablets are good for D&B and intensive retouching techniques.

Well that's a given. Its use with photoshop should automatically be assumed.. but if it can work in harmony with LR.. that would push me over the edge.

Nov 18, 2013 at 04:03 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #18 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

playerofwar wrote:
Anyone experience with Cintiq tablets? Considering the 24" with pen and touch.
I used one last week, but only for a few minutes, so no real experience. Overal I had a very positive impression.

These things are nice! Id love one, but there out of my price range for sure

Nov 18, 2013 at 07:46 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #19 · Intuos4 professional pen tablet

Jeff Simpson wrote:
Well that's a given. Its use with photoshop should automatically be assumed.. but if it can work in harmony with LR.. that would push me over the edge.

why would it be waste for LR only?

Nov 18, 2013 at 07:47 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password