FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Jasper Wedding

CareyNash
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jasper Wedding

A really unique wedding for me recently. Shooting in Jasper in the Rockies is nothing new however this couple was able to have their ceremony on the local airstrip. To have a great big meadow along the river in the high mountains isn't easy to do sometime so this really made it fun to shoot. Check out some of the shots and feel free to check the blog as well for more from the wedding. The party pics are missing, yes I know.lol

As well, how does one put more than 5 images on these forum posts? I see others that have all of the shots but I paid for the year and can only see a five image posts. Am I doing something wrong?

Full Blog Post:
Jasper Wedding

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jasper Wedding

some more shots

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jasper Wedding

#8 feels like a cliche with modern toning and is not befitting of your set, I feel mostly because of his expression which flies in the face of the 'modern, hipster Starbucks-sippers dig it' vibe. I really like #1 but would love it if I didn't see your ttd shot which looked so much like it. Hope this helps.

JC

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jasper Wedding

I think you are my favorite wedding photographer.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Jasper Wedding

That's funny. Both shots were interesting. The grass shot was not my idea rather the couples and both they and I knew that but I said "yes" (of course.lol) and although I probably won't do it on my own accord I was pleased with the expression and result, not my style at all though but I'm glad I tried it. The shot in the lake, you are 100% correct. I wanted something very different but we had only a few minutes while I stole them from the reception and we found ourselves running back to the lodge before I could frame and situate it very differently. Both this shot and the one from Emerald lake were actually only 36 hours apart as well, so I really didn't see them on my computer until after the fact so I too felt that they were very similar, but in the fog of driving all across our province and rushing to each shoot I didn't catch the redundancy.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Jasper Wedding

CareyNash wrote:
That's funny. Both shots were interesting. The grass shot was not my idea rather the couples and both they and I knew that but I said "yes" (of course.lol) and although I probably won't do it on my own accord I was pleased with the expression and result, not my style at all though but I'm glad I tried it. The shot in the lake, you are 100% correct. I wanted something very different but we had only a few minutes while I stole them from the reception and we found ourselves running back to the lodge before I could
...Show more

It shows through, but I don't imagine a client would be able to tell, or care. I feel less and less that the majority of clients even know what it is they want and something like this is more photographer sh*t-shooting then anything else. Either way I hope it means something to you on some level.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Jasper Wedding

I think a majority of clients want something very similar to what they saw on our port, just with a different background and them in its place. The issue we photographers deal with is sharing and comparing with others that follow our work, and us them. The client/couple really doesn't care because most of them don't surf wedding photographers after they have chosen us. It's a hard balance, pleasing them and by the end of the season we all get a bit beaten up and don't feel as fresh. At least I do.

I have another mountain wedding tomorrow and I'm reminding myself to mix it up, because although the mountains are amazing, they are no different to me than the coast is to someone that shoots in Eastern Florida for example. 'How do I make this look different?". Never ending struggle

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
mineymole
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Jasper Wedding

I always love clicking on your wedding posts. Great sense of place and attitude in your images.

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Jasper Wedding

CareyNash wrote:
'How do I make this look different?". Never ending struggle

Isn't that the truth, corn and bean fields here.

Nice set!

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM
truehuss
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Jasper Wedding

What can I say...your awesome dude.

The End.

Miguel

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Jasper Wedding

I moved to the rockies so that I can shoot people in places like you post.
Boom

Nov 15, 2013 at 07:58 PM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Jasper Wedding

hardlyboring wrote:
I moved to the rockies so that I can shoot people in places like you post.
Boom

I live about 4 hours drive from the heart of them but in Canada that's like being next door.lol Had a shoot yesterday in the mountains and a blizzard came in and we couldn't even see the mountains for most of the day and had minus 20 Celsius plus wind. Those are the days where the couple says, are we still going to go outside? Yep.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM
david1234
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Jasper Wedding

Amazing shots! Lighting is spot on

Nov 18, 2013 at 05:13 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Jasper Wedding

jeremy_clay wrote:
#8 feels like a cliche with modern toning and is not befitting of your set, I feel mostly because of his expression which flies in the face of the 'modern, hipster Starbucks-sippers dig it' vibe. I really like #1 but would love it if I didn't see your ttd shot which looked so much like it. Hope this helps.

JC

Funny how we always find a hair in our soup

Nov 18, 2013 at 07:02 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.