FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Help: New website main slideshow

bertpalmer

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Help: New website main slideshow

Yeah, I'd keep in a healthy mix of the documentary work. It's really good and you need to show versatility....

Nov 14, 2013 at 05:15 PM
jofoto photo
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Help: New website main slideshow

Yep the money shots are amazing, I guess thats what you'll be booked for. If the booking's are rolling in I'd go all money shots. No can find an unworthy image within

Nov 14, 2013 at 05:51 PM
Guari
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Help: New website main slideshow

Amazing group, you really have a talent. Super solid.

I would get rid of 9 ASAP though. I kindda cringed just by looking at it. It looks so terribly out of place with all the other images.

Nov 14, 2013 at 06:02 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Help: New website main slideshow

wow!!!

Nov 14, 2013 at 06:02 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Help: New website main slideshow

You don't need to take out the reportage shots from your portfolio.

It is good to show you are well rounded but the slideshow should only show the killer work to draw the clients in.

I also think having 30 images is too much as well.

Nov 14, 2013 at 06:15 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Help: New website main slideshow

Also, when using an ellipsis in a sentence it should only have three full stops.

Nov 14, 2013 at 06:19 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Help: New website main slideshow

Such fantastic work Alex. Hard to choose so I'm not going to be specific on losing/keeping as I think your style intent needs to take dominance over mine. A few things I would say though:

- Nothing wrong with short testimonial quotes per se, but as you've alluded to, I'd consider culling the quotes that don't have real ring to them. Keep the images, but lose the quotes. Perhaps have a quote with every third image.

- Consider placing the quotes separately from the photos. I find that I start reading the quote rather than seeing the work. If the quotes sat in between on separate blank slides then I find that much more effective. Gives the viewer something to read without competing with the images and it builds anticipation for the next bit of epicness.

- Whether you keep the quotes on the images or move them to separate slides, I'd choose a different font and not highlight/embolden certain words. The bold thing comes across as a bit heavy handed in attempting to hammer home how awesome you are. Which you are, but no need to hammer it home As for the font, obviously you're a modern photographer so I'd stay with something modern, but the font you're currently using is just so boring that it looks utterly unstylish next to the quality of the images. Try and find something with at least a touch of character.

Just some thoughts.

Nov 14, 2013 at 08:35 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Help: New website main slideshow

Thanks Tony.

Yes regarding the quotes I think most of them are going. The ones which say "you're amazing" etc are a bit pointless and do actually jar a bit with my British self deprecation/loathing. I think I'm going to keep the ones which really add something and give a couple an idea about what to expect from me as a photographer and what it's like to have me as a photographer.

I'm a pretty laid back and out going person. I'm not afraid to put the camera down and lend a hand if it's really needed. A lot of my couples have commented that they'd have paid to have me at the wedding even without the photos. I think that should be part of my value proposition and I'm hoping that select quotes might help communicate that. As you say though it will probably be every 3 or 4 slides, not every one.

Nov 14, 2013 at 09:15 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Help: New website main slideshow

Totally think that's the way to go mate. Going to go have another browse through this ridiculously good body of work.

Nov 14, 2013 at 09:17 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.