Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Blown Glass

Jeff Higgins

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Blown Glass

C&C Please...It's for a client that does blown glass...

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:42 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Blown Glass

For a client ...

Negative space around the flower looks a little tight on both.
Stem color looks blue.
Reflections (go figure) are plenty, might selectively clone/heal some of them.
Bottom edge of mono, might crop the thorn out.
Not diggin' the blue reflection highlights in the mono

Nits out of the way, I like the mono version, it showcases the "glass" aspect nicely imo. The color version looks a bit soft and off WB.

Threw a quick color tweak @ highlights, some overlay and some USM, as well as the canvas extension for comparison. You might not want to move the stem color as far as I did and likely use more masking/gradient, but provided for quick illustrative comp. As always, S&P (more or less) to taste.

BTW, I prefer the gradient background to the all white. Curious to how the color on black/charcoal would be as well.

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:57 PM
Jeff Higgins

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Blown Glass

Rustybug, every critique you've given me so far has been spot on. Thank you.

I don't know why I didn't catch that half crop of the thorn, or the bluish stem when it's supposed to be clear. On the clear one, I don't know how to get rid of the blue (well except maybe desaturate blue completely).

What's funny is they were both on grey backgrounds and I just removed the grey backgrounds...Maybe I should start over.

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:20 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Blown Glass

Amazing how much easier it is to spot things once it's been posted. I can't tell you how much I miss of my own stuff till I post it and others see it. Amazing, like you're a different person before / after posting @ yours vs. others.

I almost feel hypocritical sometimes at how easy it can be to spot the nits, yet miss the logs of my own ... but always in the spirit to just be another set of eyes or a different perspective, never meant as judgmental or necessarily "correct".

BTW ... the better the effort, the smaller the nits ... so don't forget to read the smaller nits as left-handed compliments at times.

Nov 13, 2013 at 06:27 PM
Jeff Higgins

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Blown Glass

RustyBug wrote:
Amazing how much easier it is to spot things once it's been posted. I can't tell you how much I miss of my own stuff till I post it and others see it. Amazing, like you're a different person before / after posting @ yours vs. others.

I almost feel hypocritical sometimes at how easy it can be to spot the nits, yet miss the logs of my own ... but always in the spirit to just be another set of eyes or a different perspective, never meant as judgmental or necessarily "correct".

BTW ... the better the effort, the smaller the
...Show more

Thank you sir!

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password