This kind of stuff cracks me up.

Nov 13, 2013 at 08:30 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

forreal wrote:
This kind of stuff cracks me up.

But how did the photo turn out? After all this is a photo forum.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM
elliotkramer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

None of these look like keepers to me. All have serious flaws, not the least of which is the narrow depth of field. I would trash them and start over. A critique here would go on for quite a while, as so many things are wrong. Get a photo in the ballpark, and then maybe we could help. I will say that if you are going to have only one eye in focus, generally it should be the closer eye.

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

elliotkramer wrote:
None of these look like keepers to me. All have serious flaws, not the least of which is t. narrow depth of field. I would trash them and start over. A critique here would go on for quite a while, as so many things are wrong. Get a photo in the ballpark, and then maybe we could help. I will say that if you are going to have only one eye in focus, generally it should be the closer eye.

By all means carry on I have no worries. These clues hint us non paid shooter plus i get to snap my wife candidly again I like the aperture choice however or else I'd sell these behemoth 85L. Lol

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:48 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

Try using spot focus on the eye. Focus Appears to be on tip of nose or fingers.Tripod to prevent motion with slow shutter. too much noise with high ISO if that is what I am seeing. Focus is what you need first.

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:02 PM
ronlane
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

elliotkramer wrote:
None of these look like keepers to me. All have serious flaws, not the least of which is the narrow depth of field. I would trash them and start over. A critique here would go on for quite a while, as so many things are wrong. Get a photo in the ballpark, and then maybe we could help. I will say that if you are going to have only one eye in focus, generally it should be the closer eye.

^ and a question. You shot that with a 5D and an 85mm L lens. Way too soft or wrong focus all together. Keep trying.

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:04 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

I forgot to mention that the first shot is an LR4 preset of Kodak Porta 400, hence that acquired taste of grain!

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:29 PM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

I should mention that you have a beautiful model there, so you have something very nice to photograph repeatedly and practice makes perfect.

Nov 13, 2013 at 09:52 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

elliotkramer wrote:
I should mention that you have a beautiful model there, so you have something very nice to photograph repeatedly and practice makes perfect.

Thank you! Well, she works over 10 hours each day, but she had a break, so i was lucky with these!

a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-10 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM
forreal

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

Since you're really wanting to know, I'll get into it here, but nobody start hating on me for being real, especially since the OP asked.

My first issue, you slap on some sort of water mark/copy right, which is basically saying, my stuff is so great I gotta protect it. That's what cracks me up the most, is the water marking.

The first image, ok, you've said something the effect that you were going for that grainy look, fair enough. But like other fellow mentioned, it's always wise to make your focus point the closest eye to you. But then, even the eye that is sort of focused, isn't really in focus either, so the whole thing is kind of off it seems.

Second image, same thing, after all, it's the same shot, but not grainy, or at least as grainy.

Third image, nothing special here, just someone cutting their own hair. Not a bad image per say, but simply just a snap shot, nothing unique really. Also, the overall color seems off, like maybe the white balance wasn't set right or something, I don't know.

All in all, they are just photos, snap shots. That camera and lens combo is capable of much more.

Lucky for you, you are willing and have a great attitude. Having thick skin can help out a lot, and so far, you seem to have that, so I respect you big time for it. Keep up the work, look at A TON of other peoples work and learn how to emulate it. From there you will learn so much about how to accomplish really good images.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:36 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

forreal wrote:
Since you're really wanting to know, I'll get into it here, but nobody start hating on me for being real, especially since the OP asked.

My first issue, you slap on some sort of water mark/copy right, which is basically saying, my stuff is so great I gotta protect it. That's what cracks me up the most, is the water marking.

The first image, ok, you've said something the effect that you were going for that grainy look, fair enough. But like other fellow mentioned, it's always wise to make your focus point the closest eye to you. But then, even
...Show more

The watermark is just the standard protection, plus its offered by LR5, therefore, I use it. The shots are handheld, despite my owning a very capable tripod, I was trying to capture the moment/snapshot before my wife disembowel me, as it is an important to realize, women don't like photo's taken, when they tell you, please don't take my photo, or I'll whoop your a@#! as far as the watermark thing on crap goes, the meowmix cat food folks used my crappy cellphone pic, albeit with my asked my unknowing permission self, on their Facebook, with over 1200plus likes, for free! its just my attempt at making sure im semi protected in the event i actually take a decent photo! I do try, however, i don't like the concept on immolation,er, immolation, so I try, try, and try to seek unique, but again, this was my try at using the elder 5D MK I with the neat 85L MK II, with the audacity to shoot handheld!! the weird thing is that i used the focal point arrangement on that eye, in order to get it as sharp as possible, the idea that an eye in focus, let alone the position, is a vague concept to me! i will try again, and again, sadly, my wife won't be around for me to do so!

Rollei 6008 pro plus polaroid back via rollei 80mm 2.8 hft pqs.

Scorn by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-43 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Nov 15, 2013 at 05:04 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
I forgot to mention that the first shot is an LR4 preset of Kodak Porta 400, hence that acquired taste of grain!

OK, - enhanced grain, out of focus

hope I don't acquire that "taste" !

Nov 15, 2013 at 07:15 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

CW100 wrote:
OK, - enhanced grain, out of focus

hope I don't acquire that "taste" !

I'm sure you won't thanks tho for the look.

Nov 15, 2013 at 07:27 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

Ehh....focus is off. I like this kind of photography but these don't do much for me. The only advice is when I look at a photograph and the first thing I notice is the post processing work, that means too much has been done.

Question. You once owned the D800 and now shoot with a 5Dc. Most people including my self go the other direction. Why the switch to the old school 5D? Its a great camera but can't really hold up against the D800....

Nov 15, 2013 at 08:14 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

Michaelparris wrote:
Ehh....focus is off. I like this kind of photography but these don't do much for me. The only advice is when I look at a photograph and the first thing I notice is the post processing work, that means too much has been done.

Question. You once owned the D800 and now shoot with a 5Dc. Most people including my self go the other direction. Why the switch to the old school 5D? Its a great camera but can't really hold up against the D800....

I shoot for fun, and from what I saw, is that the Canon 5D MK I, is still a great fun camera, plus, to be honest, I am insane! oh, and the EF 85mm 1.2 MK II L is a beast!

Nov 15, 2013 at 09:45 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

n/a

Edited on Nov 16, 2013 at 06:04 PM · View previous versions

Nov 16, 2013 at 02:28 AM
popinvasion
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

I am confused by this thread

Nov 16, 2013 at 02:36 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon 5D MK I + 85mm MK II L shots

popinvasion wrote:
I am confused by this thread

its just a thread to resurrect the Canon 5D MK I, on my part.

Nov 16, 2013 at 02:37 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.