Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

bigkidneys
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

For the life of me I cannot find what type of portrait this is called or if there is a software that will help you creat one. I plan on sending out some cheesy Christmas cards and wanted to mimic this style. Anyone have a clue on how to go about doing it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Nov 12, 2013 at 09:54 PM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

Look up Multiplex Exposure in your X-Pro1 manual. The rest will just be lighting.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
bigkidneys
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

I no longer have a Fuji. Need to update my signature.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

photoshop using layers

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:36 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

Photoshop makes this easy, much easier than it was back in the film days like your example. Looks like it was shot with a Hasselblad since it is square format. Compose, shoot, then if memory serves, insert slide, remove back, reset camera, attach back. pull slide, recompose shoot again. Both exposures had to be correct and have good expressions. No post processing, no chimping to make sure image is good.

Glad to hear you're being intentionally campy. When I saw the image, I was worried.

Nov 13, 2013 at 08:41 AM
Dustin Garrett
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

that's funny, was planning on doing some of this at work for employee of the month shenanigans...

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM
gempixel
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

Is this another Ron Burgundy attempt?

Nov 13, 2013 at 01:05 PM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Need help trying to make an school portrait like this example...

Use photoshop.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web05/2010/10/31/1/they-wanted-to-see-disneyland-13348-1288504696-223.jpg

Nov 13, 2013 at 01:18 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.