New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Corporate Head Shots

GeorgieGirl
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Corporate Head Shots

I have not had one done for my profile in about 10 years. The last guy to do this on that I sat for wore a beret. I expected more.

How should I pose to 'appear to be' youthful, engaging and sparlking? In a corporate sense of course for a managing director...

Bring it on!

TIA

Nov 12, 2013 at 09:43 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Corporate Head Shots

I would tell my client to shoot something environmental. Try for a close shot but allow some background to appear. Very Shallow DOF. Most likely allow a shadow on the face if a guy. Beauty light if female. No tie, long sleeves, dark color. Jacket optional. Do not face flat to camera. Angle the body. Even sit half way on a book to force you off center. Maybe lean to the side if at a desk. I am serious. Flat will make you look stiff. Opposite of what you are wanting. If it feels funny then it will most likely look good in camera. Try some looking past camera. Almost a profile shot. Hard to say without seeing the client. Sometimes looks really good, other times just bad.
Color and style. Look at Neimans or Saks web site for fashion trends. Pick for your age. If younger even a bright color might be OK, more relaxed corporate. Red jeans are now in for late 20's to 30's. Not my age group.
Hire a really good headshot photographer, like me!

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.