New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Backpack recommendations

Gyroscope
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Backpack recommendations

I'm in the hunt for another (additional pack). I am looking at the lowepro flipside Sport AW 20 so comments on this or similar would be appreciated. I want this to carry my landscape kit comfortably - not for super long distances but for 2 or 3 hours at a time at least. Basically I need to carry 2x5D series bodies one with my 24 tse and cokin holder attached and the other with another lens also attached - either my 17-40/24-105 or 70-200 f4 plus have space for an additional lens like my 50 1.2. I've only ever owned lowepro and gura gear packs so thats always where I start looking first but I know there are plenty of other makers out there that I forget Thanks!

Nov 11, 2013 at 05:59 PM
Gyroscope
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Backpack recommendations

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. How do I move it to the general gear forum?

Nov 11, 2013 at 06:01 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Backpack recommendations

My favorite carry/hiking bag is a tenba backpack - you should be able to fit two 5d bodies with shorter lenses, or one longer like a 70-200 and one shorter, and still have room for a couple more lenses. I think I have a shootout - medium, but it might be a large.

It's very comfortable to wear but holy buckets that thing gets heavy when I load it up. It has a decent tripod carrying strap too but the downside is that it puts the pod kind of far away - I'd prefer one underneath maybe.

I think mod can (or will) move this thread for you.

Nov 12, 2013 at 01:01 AM
doogie2304
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Backpack recommendations

f.stop loka. i love mine!

Nov 12, 2013 at 01:16 AM
Gyroscope
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Backpack recommendations

f-stop loka is too big I think. I want something barely big enough for the gear I mentioned as I already have a Kiboka when I want to carry everything. The kenti looks slick but not sure I want side opening pockets.

The tenba shootout mini looks okay.

Thanks for the tips!

Nov 12, 2013 at 06:37 AM
markshelby
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Backpack recommendations

I like the flipside series, you spin them around to the front and the belt almost holds it open in front of you like a tray. And plus the back entry means more theft protection in crowds and also when you put it down and open it the part that touches your back isn't in the dirt..

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Bjadelberg
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Backpack recommendations

F stop or Clik Elite, The Dakine Mission photo backpack. All great bags

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM
voltaire
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Backpack recommendations

I use a Think Tank Streetwalker Pro as my go to bag. If i need more, I go for its big brother the TT Streetwalker Pro Hard Drive.

Nov 13, 2013 at 03:58 PM
Langran
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Backpack recommendations

you have practically the same kit as me size wise. 5Dii, 7D, 17-40, 24-70, 70-200, 50 1.2 and filters. I use the flip side 400AW and love it. perfect for landscape treks - I'd highly recommend it. I looked at loads of other options but this one was the clear winner for me

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:00 PM
Gyroscope
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Backpack recommendations

I think the 400AW will be a bit big but maybe the 300 would suffice. I want the bag barely big enough to limit the gear I can put in it The amount of gear you take seems to expand to fill whatever bag you are using! I may change one of my bodies for an A7r in the future too which is small enough to tuck in a smaller space or just carry. Do you find the rear access handy?

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:15 PM
Tony B
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Backpack recommendations

Gyroscope wrote:
f-stop loka is too big I think. I want something barely big enough for the gear I mentioned as I already have a Kiboka when I want to carry everything. The kenti looks slick but not sure I want side opening pockets.

The tenba shootout mini looks okay.

Thanks for the tips!

Which Kiboko? I have the 30L to carry all & 22L when not taking big white. 5D111, 1DIII, 24-70vii, 70-200 vii, 14mm Samyang, 100 macro. Great thing for me is the bits & pieces can go the same place in each bag,
If only 2 lenses & 2 bodies + flash Tamrac Velocity 10 or 2 Lowepro Top Loaders without flash..

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:56 PM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Backpack recommendations

I would buy the gura gear Kiboko 22L+

you can get a refurb thru outdoor photo gear via amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Gura-Gear-Kiboko-Backpack-Black/dp/B0079SBUIW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384399163&sr=8-2&keywords=gura+gear

i have all of the gura gear bags now (except for the 18L, which i have no need for) and this will carry everything up to a 200-400/500mm.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.