FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Hollowed ground...

charlieboy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hollowed ground...

The story is this is all thats left of a house that burnt to the ground with the family inside.

Nov 11, 2013 at 03:31 AM
jbouchard
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hollowed ground...

It's a nice shot. Too bad it comes with a sad background story, which you have captured in the clouds.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM
charlieboy
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hollowed ground...

jbouchard wrote:
It's a nice shot. Too bad it comes with a sad background story, which you have captured in the clouds.

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hollowed ground...

Very interesting composition and back story here. I think you might want to revisit the processing though. This has a very strong HDR feel with the shadows very bright, but the clouds are also blown. If you used HDR for this, I would skip that, and do a manual blend. HDR seldom works for landscape type shots -- it just kills the tones and distracts from the subject.

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:19 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hollowed ground...

Ben Horne wrote:
Very interesting composition and back story here. I think you might want to revisit the processing though. This has a very strong HDR feel with the shadows very bright, but the clouds are also blown. If you used HDR for this, I would skip that, and do a manual blend. HDR seldom works for landscape type shots -- it just kills the tones and distracts from the subject.

+1

Nov 14, 2013 at 02:23 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.