Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

Doctorbird
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

Is using the Search B&H button on this site the only way to ensure credit to FM for internet purchases at B&H? Can credit be given retroactively? I may be patronizing them soon and would like to lend support this site.

Db

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

To the best of my knowledge, you have to click through via the affiliate links in order to credit FM or other sites with B&H relationships. I'm not aware of any way to do this retroactively.

Dan

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

Thanks Dan,

It's not clear where the links are on the forum pages. A search box for B&H is sometimes visible and sometimes I see a few specific items by the B&H logo. This ought to be obvious.

Db

Nov 11, 2013 at 02:45 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

Doctorbird wrote:
Thanks Dan,

It's not clear where the links are on the forum pages. A search box for B&H is sometimes visible and sometimes I see a few specific items by the B&H logo. This ought to be obvious.

Db

I can't comment on that in relationship to the FM site.

My blog also has an affiliate relationship with B&H, so I'm a bit familiar with this process. It can be a bit tricky to find the right balance between making the links accessible (which, as an affiliate, you want to do) and putting so darned many links all over every page that you annoy people and just look crass (which you don't want to do!).

Also, the vendor (in this case B&H) typically supplies multiple types of link graphics, and the web sites often switch among them instead of displaying the same one all the time. It is possible that this is the explanation for the seemingly random appearance and disappearance of a link you might have seen earlier. (If I were God Of The Internet, I would find some way to let browser users go back and see the previous page with the same ads. Can't tell you how many times I've spotted something interesting right as I click on a new link, only to go back to look for it and find it gone!)

Take care,

Dan

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

Isn't there a search B&H tab at the top of this page? Regardless, there is always one in the B&S forum.

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

galenapass wrote:
Isn't there a search B&H tab at the top of this page? Regardless, there is always one in the B&S forum.

Yup. :-)

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

Doctorbird wrote:
Is using the Search B&H button on this site the only way to ensure credit to FM for internet purchases at B&H? Can credit be given retroactively? I may be patronizing them soon and would like to lend support this site.

Db

Hi Db,
Yes, the B&H Photo Search button is a way to search for gear and support the site.

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Cicopo
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

Thank you Fred. I'm getting ready to place an order too & will make sure I start from there.

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

It was a good question, one assumes the search button would do it but it's nice to know for sure.

Nov 11, 2013 at 01:22 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

Thanks all, esp. Fred of course, for all the input. I once contacted B&H after a large purchase and asked if FM could get retroactive credit. After some verbal exchanges the marketing department was supposed to call me back within 24 hours. That was months ago. Still no call.

Db

Nov 11, 2013 at 03:15 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Question regarding credit to FM for B&H purchases.

OK, I placed an order. Hope the credit takes place. Only Fred and B&H knows for sure, I suppose.

Db

Nov 11, 2013 at 03:26 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.