FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Raven Cliff Falls at Autumn : edited #3

Littlefield
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Raven Cliff Falls at Autumn : edited #3

Raven Cliff Falls on Matthews Creek is the highest waterfall in South Carolina at 420 feet and I recently hiked to capture these shots. Edited #3 below and thought it improved the shot.
Don

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa473/arrowhead8/IMG_7953-3_zps26702a23.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa473/arrowhead8/IMG_7918_zps9b6e58b0.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa473/arrowhead8/IMG_7957_zpscad916ee.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa473/arrowhead8/IMG_7957-Edit_zpsbed0983f.jpg

Edited on Nov 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM · View previous versions

Nov 10, 2013 at 08:42 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Raven Cliff Falls at Autumn : edited #3

Hey Don,

That sure doesn't look like an easy waterfall to isolate. #2 is my favorite. In #1, I don't care for that dark branch poking into the scene from the top, it distracts. And at the bottom of #3 you have some green leaves coming in from the bottom that don't match with the other leaves and they stick out. But #2 to me looks really nice.

Jim

Nov 11, 2013 at 01:39 AM
Littlefield
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Raven Cliff Falls at Autumn : edited #3

JimFox wrote:
Hey Don,

That sure doesn't look like an easy waterfall to isolate. #2 is my favorite. In #1, I don't care for that dark branch poking into the scene from the top, it distracts. And at the bottom of #3 you have some green leaves coming in from the bottom that don't match with the other leaves and they stick out. But #2 to me looks really nice.

Jim

Thanks, Jim for commenting and pointing those things out. Yea, the view is hard to get now since the old viewing stand is no longer in this location and the place of the new one leaves something to be desired. I am near the old viewing one.
It is really a beautiful place.
Don

Edited on Nov 11, 2013 at 09:38 AM · View previous versions

Nov 11, 2013 at 02:34 AM
Derek Weston
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Raven Cliff Falls at Autumn : edited #3

Nice colors and frames. The branches do distract for me, though. If you've got photoshop you might be able to content-aware away the pesky ones.

Another though with this shot is to soften up the foliage by dropping clarity selectively. (at least I've found I like doing this on some forest shots)

Nov 11, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Littlefield
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Raven Cliff Falls at Autumn : edited #3

Derek Weston wrote:
Nice colors and frames. The branches do distract for me, though. If you've got photoshop you might be able to content-aware away the pesky ones.

Another though with this shot is to soften up the foliage by dropping clarity selectively. (at least I've found I like doing this on some forest shots)

Thanks, Derek. Yea, showing y'all the natural raw beauty of the Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area in SC.

I did an edit above on # 3 and thought it improved the photo. Good suggestion about content - aware and used it in PSE 9.
Don

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Raven Cliff Falls at Autumn : edited #3

Nice work. I like how you framed the bottom half of the shot but the top part lack something. Like Derek suggested cloning the branches might help.
harsha

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Littlefield
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Raven Cliff Falls at Autumn : edited #3

harshaj1 wrote:
Nice work. I like how you framed the bottom half of the shot but the top part lack something. Like Derek suggested cloning the branches might help.
harsha

Thanks, Harsha removing the other branches is one thing but I don't think my PP skills would be that pretty in this area.
Don

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.