New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

Clayton G
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

Well I don't post here too often. But there is so much talent I do browse through quite a bit. I thought I would post the last set I did, feel free to leave any and all feedback. I haven't done too many seniors, but I feel like I'm getting a little bit more comfortable. It's a hobby for me... maybe I should be a little bit more proactive?

Thanks for looking.

Nov 09, 2013 at 09:40 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

She seems to have a lot of color in her skin. Not sure if that's natural, tanning, or post processing, but on 3 and 7 she seems to be orange.

Nov 10, 2013 at 02:56 AM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

I like these! Really happy pictures

But I also agree with jfinite. Maybe you should try to make her skin color a bit more consistent.

Nov 10, 2013 at 04:06 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

Beautiful young lady. You got some nice images of her, maybe some better pp to bring the skin tones together.

Nov 10, 2013 at 08:15 AM
sidefunk
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

These are great. Same comment as to the skin tones. I think some of these would look great in b&w in which case skin tone would not necessairly be an issue.

Also, i think no. 2 would have benfitted from a slightly higher angle to frame her face with the grass only and without that wall cutting into the frame. Looking forward to seeing more as you continue to be proactive.

Nov 10, 2013 at 09:39 AM
Zalllon
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

I like the first one, really good environmental portrait. The 3rd one for me would be a keeper if you can clone the person out to the left of her head, very distracting.

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Clayton G
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. Skin tones are something I definitely need to work on - thanks for pointing that out. I wish there was a cheat sheet on learning color and proper skin rendering. I seem to struggle to keep in consistent and also manipulate the background while keeping the skin tone correct. Sometimes I know it looks off but I can't even figure what is "correct" sometimes.

As for 3, the person drove me crazy as well... but she loves the shot.

Thanks guys. I have to say 6 was actually my favorite.

Nov 11, 2013 at 01:28 AM
paul31003
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

Maybe a little detail softening in the skin in #2. Can't help but notice the skin blemishes in face and chest.

Nov 11, 2013 at 02:59 AM
gempixel
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

I'm sure you've heard enough about the skin. Cute girl with a beautiful smile anyway you slice it!

Nov 11, 2013 at 09:22 AM
Clayton G
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Senior Portraits - Elizabeth

paul31003 wrote:
Maybe a little detail softening in the skin in #2. Can't help but notice the skin blemishes in face and chest.

I softened in all of these shots. Didn't want to take it too far - I was torn back and forth a few times.

gempixel wrote:
I'm sure you've heard enough about the skin. Cute girl with a beautiful smile anyway you slice it!

haha thanks?

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.