Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

  

LR 5 Upgrade. Help!
  
 
oldrattler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR 5 Upgrade. Help!


I am getting ready to upgrade to LR5. Two questions before I do so. (1) Does LR5 automatically include your LR4 catalogs. If not, how do I transfer? (2) Does upgrading to LR5 automatically upgrade Adobe Camera Raw. My raw does not recognize a number of newer camera's. Thank you. Jim


Nov 08, 2013 at 08:44 PM
BruceF99
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR 5 Upgrade. Help!


LR5 will create a new catalog
LR5 includes the camera raw engine, but does not upgrade PS ACR.



Nov 08, 2013 at 09:43 PM
tomrock
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR 5 Upgrade. Help!


LR5 creates a new catalog from your existing LR4 catalog. It opens the existing catalog and upgrades it to the LR5 format, adding "-2" to the end of the catalog name. All your images, ratings, changes and so on are there. The current LR4 catalog is left alone just in case you want to go back to the older version.


Nov 08, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Ian.Dobinson
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR 5 Upgrade. Help!


tomrock wrote:
LR5 creates a new catalog from your existing LR4 catalog. It opens the existing catalog and upgrades it to the LR5 format, adding "-2" to the end of the catalog name. All your images, ratings, changes and so on are there. The current LR4 catalog is left alone just in case you want to go back to the older version.



Tom is correct . I will add also that its not a quick process . So if you have a good number of images in you Cat then set the upgrade going and go do something else with your day


Also LR5 comes with the latest ACR built in . If what your installing is LR5.2 then no update will be needed . If not (ie it came on a disk etc) then after its up and running you can prompt it to update or it will likely tell you an update is available .



Nov 08, 2013 at 11:42 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



oldrattler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LR 5 Upgrade. Help!


BruceF99 wrote:
LR5 will create a new catalog
LR5 includes the camera raw engine, but does not upgrade PS ACR.


Thank you, Jim



Nov 09, 2013 at 01:26 AM
oldrattler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LR 5 Upgrade. Help!


tomrock wrote:
LR5 creates a new catalog from your existing LR4 catalog. It opens the existing catalog and upgrades it to the LR5 format, adding "-2" to the end of the catalog name. All your images, ratings, changes and so on are there. The current LR4 catalog is left alone just in case you want to go back to the older version.


Thank you, Jim



Nov 09, 2013 at 01:27 AM
oldrattler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LR 5 Upgrade. Help!


Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Tom is correct . I will add also that its not a quick process . So if you have a good number of images in you Cat then set the upgrade going and go do something else with your day

Also LR5 comes with the latest ACR built in . If what your installing is LR5.2 then no update will be needed . If not (ie it came on a disk etc) then after its up and running you can prompt it to update or it will likely tell you an update is available .


Thank you.



Nov 09, 2013 at 01:29 AM





FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password