New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Speed of new Sandisk Extreme on 1Dx

RichFisher
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Speed of new Sandisk Extreme on 1Dx

I notice Sandisk has introduced a new Extreme CF card - package is gold. This could be old news, but wonder how fast these cards are compared to the Extreme Pro CF card (VPG-20 vs VPG-65).

Thanks

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:20 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Speed of new Sandisk Extreme on 1Dx

Sandisk has introduced new Extreme Pro CF cards also. I can't answer your question. But Sandisk have a very strange and confusing way of naming their cards. Today they are selling two different Extreme CF cards with different speed and performance. but they have exactly the same name!!
And they are selling 3 different Extreme Pro CF cards. They have different speed on those 3 cards but also the same name!!

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:06 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Speed of new Sandisk Extreme on 1Dx

I agree - they need to check their heads when it comes to naming.

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:29 AM
RichFisher
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Speed of new Sandisk Extreme on 1Dx

Paul Mo wrote:
I agree - they need to check their heads when it comes to naming.

I think they are trying to maintain a product line with continuous improvements. There are a few hints of improvement in the name (sub-brand, perhaps) but unfortunately these get lost when most of us shop on-line.

Nov 11, 2013 at 01:25 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Speed of new Sandisk Extreme on 1Dx

One reason why I went with Lexar 1000x 64GB cards is that Sandisk use to have their CF Pro cards listed as UDMA 6 and 7 with the same speed of 90mb/s. I didn't really like that ambiguity. One of the reviewers of the new cards on B+H says it's not as fast as its listed speed in real use. Combined with the naming quirkiness that sends up a red flag for me.

I used Sandisk cards for almost 8 years but they need to improve their credibility for me to go back.

Nov 11, 2013 at 02:28 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.