Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2 Lens and the OM-D.

ariel777
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2 Lens and the OM-D.

I am in the process of deciding whether to purchase the Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2 Lens mainly for use with the D800.

Since I also have and use the OM-D E-m5, I would like to also use it on that body, mainly (if not exclusively) for landscape work which would be tripod based. Does anyone have any experience with this combination (with the OM-D)? Also, I am curious as to which adapter would be most appropriate; I am currently thinking of the Novoflex.

Any comments would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Nov 08, 2013 at 01:20 PM
ebrandon
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2 Lens and the OM-D.

I have used other good 135mm lenses like the Sony Alpha 135mm STF, the Canon 135mm f2L, the CY Zeiss 135mm f2.8, the Canon FD 135mm f2L, and others with the OM-D.

Results are always good -- never had any issues with odd corners or edges, internal reflections, etc. I'd say you're pretty safe.

The flip-out screen, touch screen, excellent live view implementation etc. make it a real pleasure to use.

Novoflex adapters are excellent -- there are no better. Rayqual certainly and Voigtlander probably are equal in quality.

Bottom line -- I see no problems with what you propose.

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:33 PM
ariel777
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2 Lens and the OM-D.

Thank you, ebrandon. Good to hear.

Nov 08, 2013 at 05:26 PM
bpark42
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2 Lens and the OM-D.

If the adapter is just for the Zeiss, I would go for something like the metabones F-mount to m43. It has a tripod mount, and it is a lot cheaper than the Novoflex, presumably because it does not have to provide aperture control for G-type lenses.

Nov 09, 2013 at 10:42 PM
ariel777
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2 Lens and the OM-D.

Thanks for the suggestion, bpark, but I will use it for quite a few G-type lenses so that adapter would not appear suitable.

Nov 09, 2013 at 11:31 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.