New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Jobu Jr. 3 Plate Help

Steven Campbel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jobu Jr. 3 Plate Help

I just picked up a used Jobu Jr3 Gimbal head in a local sale. It did not have an attachment plate so I will need one. It looks like this might be the one I need:

http://www.jobu-design.com/Surefoot-NX2--45_p_27.html

My question is, is this indeed what I need and does it just screw onto the base of a camera body or tripod ring on the lens and then attach to the gimbal head? Also, is this the type of plate that I can use if I want to attach one of those RRS L plates?

I guess if this works I'll get the Jobu made one, even though I have seen cheaper ones on Amazon. I'll be using it with a 300 2.8 IS and a 70-200 2.8 IS II.

Nov 08, 2013 at 07:39 AM
decoop

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jobu Jr. 3 Plate Help

That plate should work out fine, it's a standard dovetail mount. Also I wouldn't be afraid to get the cheaper ones from Amazon. Note in that photo the screws at each end of the plate, they prevent the mount from accidentally sliding out of the head. That's something you might want to be sure is included in another brand.

Nov 08, 2013 at 08:07 AM
Steven Campbel
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jobu Jr. 3 Plate Help

Thanks man! I think I can source the plates here in Canada for a decent price. I may get the Jobu one just to be on the safe side. I like to save a buck as much as the next guy, but to save $30 when $5000+ worth of gear is attached doesn't seem smart.

Nov 08, 2013 at 08:45 AM
Yukonica
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jobu Jr. 3 Plate Help

Steven Campbell
"I like to save a buck as much as the next guy, but to save $30 when $5000+ worth of gear is attached doesn't seem smart."
I was thinking that very thought when I read then last line of your opening post.
You have good taste in glass.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.