Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13      
       15       end

A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

ggreene
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #1 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

retrofocus wrote:
It will get worse. Next will be a 1D series camera with slightly improved sensor which might be as good as the D800 had it.... until something interesting happens in the 5D camera range.

1D users will be excited though.

Nov 11, 2013 at 06:51 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #2 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

PCKit wrote:
I think they can make alot of people happy, just release a 100 400 II or a 7DII or maybe a 200 600 to compete with Tamron, for a decent price or a higher mp camera etc . etc.

And we all should have known by now that Canon isn't in business to make photographers happy. They are there to make money. If releasing those will make them more money, nothing will stop them. Not that I take their side. It's just a fact...a sad one for us, photographers.

Nov 11, 2013 at 07:09 PM
dhphoto
• • • • •
p.14 #3 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Wahoowa wrote:
And we all should have known by now that Canon isn't in business to make photographers happy. They are there to make money. If releasing those will make them more money, nothing will stop them. Not that I take their side. It's just a fact...a sad one for us, photographers.

And it's just the same for Nikon, Olympus et al. Companies are all there to make money for shareholders, not just Canon

But, as I said before, the lower end mass sales provide income to fund the R&D on the 'prestige' range, so the company can say it's keeping ahead of the competition (although I have no issue with my Canon cameras now).

I find these cameras so bloody wonderful I am reticent to beg for more from them.

Nov 11, 2013 at 07:26 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.14 #4 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

So, it seems like it is indeed a "White Kiss"....

Nov 11, 2013 at 07:31 PM
ukkisavosta
• •
p.14 #5 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Wow, that is so Japanese... makes me want white chocolate.

So, a white version of some current xxxD. Wonder if they'll even market it outside of Japan.

Jaakko

Nov 11, 2013 at 07:59 PM
artd
• • •
p.14 #6 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

dhphoto wrote:
This is great news as it provides money for R&D for the top end lines.

Ah, now I get it. No wonder Canon has fallen behind in sensor technology...they should've been making multi-colored cameras a long time ago!

Can't wait the technological breakthroughs this white camera will lead to now that they've finally figured out how to generate money for R&D

Edited on Nov 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM · View previous versions

Nov 11, 2013 at 08:38 PM
tsdevine
• • •
p.14 #7 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Look, we all know that CMOS sensors generate more noise and banding when warm. White cameras absorb less heat then black ones. This was all done to increase performance, so cut Canon some slack.

You know that the big L lenses are white to avoid heat related expansion issues right?

I'm sure this change was most assuredly done to improve image quality (not the image of the person carrying the camera...although having a little bling might help there as well.)

-Tim

Nov 11, 2013 at 09:13 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.14 #8 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

PCKit wrote:
I think they can make alot of people happy, just release a 100 400 II or a 7DII or maybe a 200 600 to compete with Tamron, for a decent price or a higher mp camera etc . etc.

They will make a lot of people happy for a very short time when they announce those lenses, and then they will make a lot of people sad, when they see the prices. Canon's equivalent of the Tamron 150-600 would be at least 2x the price, maybe 3x.

Nov 11, 2013 at 09:23 PM
ggreene
• • •
p.14 #9 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Pixel Perfect wrote:
They will make a lot of people happy for a very short time when they announce those lenses, and then they will make a lot of people sad, when they see the prices. Canon's equivalent of the Tamron 150-600 would be at least 2x the price, maybe 3x.

Yeah, I'm working on a $6K slush fund for an updated 100-400 and 7D2. Probably the minimum it's going to take to get them.

Nov 11, 2013 at 09:35 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.14 #10 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

ggreene wrote:

Yeah, I'm working on a $6K slush fund for an updated 100-400 and 7D2. Probably the minimum it's going to take to get them.

Nah, I reckon $5K max, and more like $4.5K. 7D II just won't sell if it's APS-C and over $2K, and no way I can see even Canon price a 100-400L II at $4K. Nikon's 80-400 II is $2.8K, so at most I'd say $3K.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

runamuck
• • • • •
p.14 #11 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

It's going to be a line of bed sheets, with the Canon logo embroidered in.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.14 #12 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

It's a new line of underwear - Canon has really hit skid row now.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
ggreene
• • •
p.14 #13 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Nah, I reckon $5K max, and more like $4.5K. 7D II just won't sell if it's APS-C and over $2K, and no way I can see even Canon price a 100-400L II at $4K. Nikon's 80-400 II is $2.8K, so at most I'd say $3K.

Which probably means the 7D2 won't be a mini 1DX.

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.14 #14 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

ggreene wrote:
Which probably means the 7D2 won't be a mini 1DX.

Maybe a bit hasty. If it really was a mini 1D X and it had a brand new high DR sensor, then I'd see support at $2.5K for sure, but I can't see you going much beyond this as you get in to FF pricing and let's face it a 5D III except for fps, is a darn good impersonation of a mini 1D X.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.14 #15 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

you guys sound like iPhone geeks..oh the new iPhone 5 I cant wait till the 6 comes out,it better have this or have that or I ll be buying an HTC...

Nov 12, 2013 at 01:39 AM
aladyforty
• • •
p.14 #16 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Id pay more than 2000 for a 7DII APS-C as long as it has a better sensor with less noise, plenty of people I know with 7Ds want to keep the "reach" my 7D is getting old now so I'm just biding my time, I also don't feel the need for anymore than 22 megapixels....I must be odd i guess

Nov 12, 2013 at 02:29 AM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.14 #17 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

its not how many pixels you have,its how you use them...

Nov 12, 2013 at 02:39 AM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.14 #18 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

its not how many pixels you have,its how you use them...

Nov 12, 2013 at 02:39 AM
Tony B
• • •
p.14 #19 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

aladyforty wrote:
Id pay more than 2000 for a 7DII APS-C as long as it has a better sensor with less noise, plenty of people I know with 7Ds want to keep the "reach" my 7D is getting old now so I'm just biding my time, I also don't feel the need for anymore than 22 megapixels....I must be odd i guess

Fed up with biding my time. $1600Au for a 6d looks good to me.
I'm not dreaming of a White Kissmas!

Nov 12, 2013 at 02:40 AM
johnctharp
• • • •
p.14 #20 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

aladyforty wrote:

I'm looking forward to comparisons with the 70D, particularly in the action AF department.

Nov 12, 2013 at 02:49 AM
       15       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

15       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password