Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              12      
       14       15       end

Archive 2013 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Paul Mo
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Wahoowa wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned. Canon has a teaser in Japan for "White Kiss".

I can't wait.

p.s. If true, are they sane?

Nov 11, 2013 at 09:38 AM
Bones74
• • •
p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

jcolwell wrote:
My before tax and shipping cost estimate for an A7R is $3010.

Sony A7R
Sony NP-FW50 batteries (x3)
Watson NP-FW50 charger (x2)
Metabones adapter Canon EF to Sony NEX

Has anyone added the cost of a Speedlight into the A7R figures?

Nov 11, 2013 at 09:44 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Bones74 wrote:
Has anyone added the cost of a Speedlight into the A7R figures?

I plan to use wireless triggers and $75 Yongnuo YN-560III Speedlights.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
MintMar
• • •
p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Paul Mo wrote:
I can't wait.

I dunno. They can "white kiss" my a**.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
howard
• • •
p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Paul Mo wrote:
I can't wait.

Maybe they are just incompetent.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.13 #6 · p.13 #6 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

If this teaser is a white kiss, I may have to dump all my Canon equipment and finally shoot with one system (Nikon)....just out of principle.

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Bones74
• • •
p.13 #7 · p.13 #7 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

snapsy wrote:
I plan to use wireless triggers and $75 Yongnuo YN-560III Speedlights.

That's not going to break the piggy back, but buying spare batteries, the charger, the metabones adapter and the speedlight do add a fairly significant amount. It's pretty cheeky of Sony not include the charger.

Canon claims to know what we want. White kiss Maybe little girls want a camera called white kiss.

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.13 #8 · p.13 #8 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

[
Canon claims to know what we want. White kiss Maybe little girls want a camera called white kiss.

Big girls don't. I don't care about the name but I can't imagine shooting with a white camera.
And while they are at it why not pink or lavender? Or a pretty print? And incase anyone is in doubt, that is sarcasm.

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Bones74
• • •
p.13 #9 · p.13 #9 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Big girls don't. I don't care about the name but I can't imagine shooting with a white camera.
And while they are at it why not pink or lavender? Or a pretty print? And incase anyone is in doubt, that is sarcasm.

Don't worry I get it Hopefully "white kiss" has nothing to do with the camera bodies colour... that said it could go well with a with a big white super tele Seriously though, this does sound a bit like Canon are just mucking about, but we'll have to wait and see what it actually is before panning the cr@p out of them.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.13 #10 · p.13 #10 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Canon's target market isn't primarily the kind of people who post here, on what is an enthusiasts/pro's site.

I don't know the figures but I'd bet at least 90% of Canon's camera sales are to rank amateurs who might just want a multi-coloured baby dslr.

This is great news as it provides money for R&D for the top end lines.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.13 #11 · p.13 #11 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Kiss is the name of the Rebels over there. Can't wait for my white SL1, finally will have a correct colour match to my 600II.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Bones74
• • •
p.13 #12 · p.13 #12 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

dhphoto wrote:
Canon's target market isn't primarily the kind of people who post here, on what is an enthusiasts/pro's site.

I don't know the figures but I'd bet at least 90% of Canon's camera sales are to rank amateurs who might just want a multi-coloured baby dslr.

This is great news as it provides money for R&D for the top end lines.

Silver lining huh? I guess teenage girls are a fairly large market world wide... and Christmas is coming.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Bones74
• • •
p.13 #13 · p.13 #13 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

arbitrage wrote:
Kiss is the name of the Rebels over there. Can't wait for my white SL1, finally will have a correct colour match to my 600II.

I know, my cameras just don't match the colour of my lenses Finally!

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.13 #14 · p.13 #14 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Based on many responses I have seen in this thread, if Canon wants to please those, Canon better does nothing. Releasing anything for any market, even though it's relevant and it's not even the time frame that they would release anything, will only upset those even more.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.13 #15 · p.13 #15 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Wahoowa wrote:
Based on many responses I have seen in this thread, if Canon wants to please those, Canon better does nothing. Releasing anything for any market, even though it's relevant and it's not even the time frame that they would release anything, will only upset those even more.

I think they can make alot of people happy, just release a 100 400 II or a 7DII or maybe a 200 600 to compete with Tamron, for a decent price or a higher mp camera etc . etc.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Glenn NK
• • •
p.13 #16 · p.13 #16 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

galenapass wrote:
If this teaser is a white kiss, I may have to dump all my Canon equipment and finally shoot with one system (Nikon)....just out of principle.

My grand-daughters would love a white one.

Personally I prefer black - the blacker the better. But it doesn't seem to change how the images come out. And if someone wants a pink one, I'm not concerned too much about that either. For many at that level, the camera is a bit of a status symbol and must be shown off.

BTW, what principle would that be?

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.13 #17 · p.13 #17 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Maybe a white kiss explains the white draped sheet in the teaser add.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.13 #18 · p.13 #18 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Canon has well thought about this white camera. They probably used up all their resources to figure out that white/colorless in fact is more reflective than black. They will market it as the perfect solution in hot and dry climate zones. Let's just not be so picky about sensor specs - c'on it is all about the color !

Nov 11, 2013 at 01:13 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.13 #19 · p.13 #19 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Glenn NK wrote:
My grand-daughters would love a white one.

Personally I prefer black - the blacker the better. But it doesn't seem to change how the images come out. And if someone wants a pink one, I'm not concerned too much about that either. For many at that level, the camera is a bit of a status symbol and must be shown off.

BTW, what principle would that be?

I'm looking at all my nice Canon lenses (and Nikon lenses) and waiting...waiting...and waiting for something like the A7r from Canon - not a white kiss - not a 5DIII with marginal sensor improvement - and I'm tired of waiting. What I want and need for my purposes is a D800/A7r like sensor in a Canon body. I am just too lazy to start selling and buying lenses to re-balance my equipment for a D800. But a white kiss might just tip me over the edge....despite what your grand-daughters would like.

Nov 11, 2013 at 01:19 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.13 #20 · p.13 #20 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

galenapass wrote:
I'm looking at all my nice Canon lenses (and Nikon lenses) and waiting...waiting...and waiting for something like the A7r from Canon - not a white kiss - not a 5DIII with marginal sensor improvement - and I'm tired of waiting. What I want and need for my purposes is a D800/A7r like sensor in a Canon body. I am just too lazy to start selling and buying lenses to re-balance my equipment for a D800. But a white kiss might just tip me over the edge....despite what your grand-daughters would like.

It will get worse. Next will be a 1D series camera with slightly improved sensor which might be as good as the D800 had it.... until something interesting happens in the 5D camera range.

Nov 11, 2013 at 01:43 PM
       14       15       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

14       15       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.