Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              14       15       end

A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

I've solved the mystery: 1936 Canon Coupe!

Now, there is your retro camera -- just added a 36MP sensor!

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:40 PM
howard
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Tired of this kind of juvenile gimmick. You either announce something or you don't, why bother with this kind of "teaser"?

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:44 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

howard wrote:
Tired of this kind of juvenile gimmick. You either announce something or you don't, why bother with this kind of "teaser"?

Usually because there is very little sizzle to the actual announcement so they need to play games.

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:49 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.2 #4 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Hmm...

The more I look at it and think about it, the more I think it's closer to a Rebel camera.

Now, it just doesn't make sense to release a new Rebel so soon.

So, the most logical thought? I think it's the new EOS M2 or something in that range.

The lens attached to the camera, assuming the picture was done from the soon-to-be-announced one, looks like a 40mm or a pancake lens. So, it shouldn't be that for a high-end DSLR.

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:50 PM
jimmy462
• • •
p.2 #5 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Gunzorro wrote:
I've solved the mystery: 1936 Canon Coupe!

Now, there is your retro camera -- just added a 36MP sensor!

...with a rangefinder style OVF, excellent!

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:51 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Probably EOS M2 and now includes an EVF giving it that hump. That is the only Canon announcement expected in 2013. Unless Canon is starting to finally feel some of the pressure and is going to announce development of the high-megapixel with availability in 2015

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:52 PM
Eric Gottesman
• • •
p.2 #7 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Full frame Rebel;-)

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:54 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.2 #8 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

chez wrote:
Usually because there is very little sizzle to the actual announcement so they need to play games.

Up to your usual Canon slamming habit again?

What about the 6 teaser video clips from Nikon prior to their announcement of the Df?

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:55 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.2 #9 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

thw2 wrote:

What about the 6 teaser video clips from Nikon prior to their announcement of the Df?

The grass is greener on the other side?

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:57 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

thw2 wrote:

Just stating the facts my friend. As far as Nikon goes, I don't follow them so really don't care what they do. With Canon...this secretive teasers are getting old.

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

M2 makes sense following the bold clearance pricing and inventory wiping of the original M a few months ago. As a first venture into mirrorless, the M was far from a flop for Canon and gained significant feedback. I still sort of wish I'd grabbed one at the $299 price with lens!

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:17 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Gunzorro wrote:
M2 makes sense following the bold clearance pricing and inventory wiping of the original M a few months ago. As a first venture into mirrorless, the M was far from a flop for Canon and gained significant feedback. I still sort of wish I'd grabbed one at the $299 price with lens!

Also, EOS M2 has already shown up in the DPP manual so we know it is at least planned to be coming. Big question is, will it even be sold in the US. I don't think it will be after the 11-22 wasn't. I hope it is at least sold in Canada as the 11-22 was.

Edit: this post on the CR forums has it looking like SL2: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=17981.msg333388#msg333388

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:18 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

I don't see any teaser for new product on Canon Global site, or USA site??
Guess there is a selective audience to tease

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:29 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.2 #14 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

SL1 in white. That's my guess and I hope I'm way off.

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:32 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.2 #15 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

chez wrote:
As far as Nikon goes, I don't follow them so really don't care what they do...

Ya, right....

Here is the Sony teaser prior to the release of your beloved A7/A7r. In your words: "there is very little sizzle to the actual announcement so they need to play games".

Edited on Nov 08, 2013 at 03:42 PM · View previous versions

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:32 PM
Deezie
• • •
p.2 #16 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Teasers aren't gimmicks. They're used because they work. It's as simple as that. Teasers get people talking and add hype, expectations, and often emotional attachments to a pending product and that's just what's happening on this thread right now.

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:33 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #17 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

Maybe it's not a new body but a new lens

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:35 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

There is no arguing with the facts that are clearly visible in this image. Using ultraMega micro-enhancement convolution deconstruction technology, it is possible to not only see the outline of the underlying object, but to create a mapping of its internal construction to the level of determining sub-assembly sourcing and many other details including the list price and likely plan for product life and discontinuation. There is always some room for interpretation, but this much is clear:

1. The image clearly shows that there is a camera-shaped thing under something that looks like fabric or a draped plastic membrane.

2. The apparent shape of the imaginary object beneath the cover is not inconsistent with that of a camera.

3. It is plainly obvious - no arguing about this! - that it could be a camera with a form factor similar to that of the DSLR. Probably.

4. It is clear that Canon has not yet managed to get the number of photo sites into the 100MP range.

5. We can be quite certain that it has a lens, and there is little doubt that the lens is from Canon and that it makes use of multi-element, variable-aperture, autofocusing technologies. Count on it!

6. Some will be disappointed to find that Canon has still not mastered the technologies of producing completely noise free images at all ISO values.

7. Dynamic range will not be large enough to satisfy all users. Sorry.

8. Here is what we can determine about pricing: Given the features that are included, many forum readers will feel strongly that the price is too high, and they will want to wait for a later iteration. However, others are already trying to place their pre-orders.

9. There appears to be a direct print button - which will please all current direct print button fans!

10. Camera weight has been held to a sub-10 pound maximum.

11. The camera's size is such that it fits comfortably beneath a small thing that sort of looks like a sheet.

Or maybe it is just another mockup that somebody did in Photoshop...

;-)

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:41 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

thw2 wrote:
Ya, right....

Here is the Sony teaser prior to the release of your beloved A7/A7r. In your words: "there is very little sizzle to the actual announcement so they need to play games".

I think you got that wrong. Sony provides the bacon and the sizzle...not so much with Canon the last few years. It ain't playing games if you can deliver on the sizzle

Oh...that AR7 is sure picking your brain...let it go man, you'll sleep better.

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:50 PM
timpdx
• • •
p.2 #20 · A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

looks rebel-ish to me except for the big dial.

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:52 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password