Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       5       end

FM slooooow?

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · FM slooooow?

No problems on the upper east coast.

Nov 09, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.2 #2 · FM slooooow?

Extremely slow here. Win 7 Ultimate running Firefox 25.0. Just started today. I ran Firefox after loading my VPN (East Coast server) and pages loaded fast as usual. Turned off VPN and pages went back to unusably slow.

Nov 09, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Legion5
• •
p.2 #3 · FM slooooow?

trenchmonkey wrote:
Must be an East Coast thing

Yep, when I do test from anywhere else it works fine. But from any east coast area it takes forever to load.

Nov 09, 2013 at 01:52 AM
John Patrick
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · FM slooooow?

Down in Florida it's been slow for over 24 hours. A lot of partial page loads. I had just updated to Firefox 25 and the newest Flash, so I was wondering if I had an issue in the upgrade. Seems lots of people are having the issue, though.

John

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:13 AM
Jon Joshua
• • •
p.2 #5 · FM slooooow?

Slow in NJ.

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:48 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #6 · FM slooooow?

Here in Westminster, SoCal, verizon high speed business, speed is often painfully slow, it has been intermittent tho, slower than fast, about 20 percent of the time it's okay but not speedy as usual.

Graphics are slowing things down a bit, but there's a huge speed loss for newer content, new topics and the latest entries in topics. Reminds me of when a database needs to be re-indexed, as retrieval seems at a data level, not just a general server/internet issue.

I'm using wired internet at 25/25, winxp, 4gb laptop, 320gb drive w/195gb free, I've cleared the cashes/history for IE, Chrome and Firefox, and during the last 6 hours have not had any other speed issues.

I've tried PingPlotter and an getting consistent 34-38 on round trips.

Fred, how would you like the traces and duration set, and what email should I send full traces...

Nov 09, 2013 at 03:29 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #7 · FM slooooow?

I still have not figure out the issue.
The server load is low and there is nothing in the logs that could explain the slowdown for some members.
So, we are removing the server from being the culprit.

It could be a browser issue (Firefox and Chrome just had an update).
However, I have tested the site with all browsers and the pages are loading fast as usual. (west coast)...
...so, I am leaning to believe it's a network issue since most having the issue are from the East Coast.
I'm still investigating.
Fred

Nov 09, 2013 at 03:43 AM
argar
• • •
p.2 #8 · FM slooooow?

Seems like East Coast for some reason is affected by this problem. I'm from Rhode Island and since yesterday FM is very hard to navigate. Everything load super slow on three browsers IE,Chrome and FF, also on Ipad with Safari browser and Android phone with Opera browser. Some pages load only half way, some don't at all, some need to be refresh 5 times before page show up.

Nov 09, 2013 at 04:04 AM
mitesh
• • • •
p.2 #9 · FM slooooow?

To muddle things just a bit more, I'm also on the east coast and have not noticed any of the slowness that some users are suffering. I'm using the latest build of chrome on an iMac (page loads in less than 3 seconds), Safari and chrome on a MacBook Air (page loads in about 1 second), as well as safari on iPhone and iPad updated to the latest version of iOS. Running AdBlock but no Flash. My ISP is Cox- see speedtest result below. Cellular LTE also loads fast for me on the AT&T network.

Nov 09, 2013 at 04:19 AM
mjbetch
• •
p.2 #10 · FM slooooow?

Washington DC area here..

SUPER slow.

Nov 09, 2013 at 04:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #11 · FM slooooow?

It's just about 9pm and all seems better ATM, speed is good, on occasion some hour glass activity but not like before, topics and new entries in topics are working...probably a hub somewhere in the cloud taking a few while it re syncs

Nov 09, 2013 at 05:02 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · FM slooooow?

It's still slow and some pages are not loading completely.

EBH

Nov 09, 2013 at 05:14 AM
ggreene
• • •
p.2 #13 · FM slooooow?

Very, very slow since Thursday night. Firefox, IE, and Chrome all are slow. Many pages never display.

Nov 09, 2013 at 12:15 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.2 #14 · FM slooooow?

East coast here on Comcast running latest edition of OSX and Safari; no VPN. FM loads in two seconds even with ad blockers in place. Still, however, I am unable to pull up any but my last feedback post.

Nov 09, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Mickey
• • • •
p.2 #15 · FM slooooow?

Sat. Morning and still almost unusable. Crazy thing is it's only FM. Every other site is running as fast as ever.

Nov 09, 2013 at 01:12 PM
Binh Ly
• • • •
p.2 #16 · FM slooooow?

NJ here. Slow for the past 1-2 days...

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:02 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.2 #17 · FM slooooow?

Still battling a serious problem here on the east coast It seems that Verizon and Comcast (and possibly other providers) seem to have some overloaded servers at the 152.xx.xx.xxx prefixes. These were the most obvious that I could locate using this freeware to trace my routes (Windows) to FM as well as other sites:

http://www.pingplotter.com/freeware.html

If anybody else wants to check this, maybe we can narrow it down and at least provide our ISP's with the relevant data. I have already posted in the Verizon Fios forum to see if I can get some help there.

Here's my trace from 5 minutes ago:

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:05 PM
doowop42
• •
p.2 #18 · FM slooooow?

Binh Ly wrote:
NJ here. Slow for the past 1-2 days...

Central NJ unusable all other sites fine.

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:20 PM
fqo63ta

p.2 #19 · FM slooooow?

Still very slow in southern Alabama. All other sites load quickly.

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:46 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.2 #20 · FM slooooow?

I think that when FM is slow, it's usually due to the ad servers. Fred might want to do some diagnostics there and consider talking with the ad-serving companies or consider alternatives if that checks out as the problem.

Nov 09, 2013 at 03:02 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password