New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Gitzo GT3541LS Geared Column query

veeral
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gitzo GT3541LS Geared Column query

I have been looking at adding a geared column to my Gitzo GT3541LS. There is a GS3311GS available which says its compatible with Series 2/3/4.

Can anyone let me know if it's compatible with the GT3541LS since it has the older style base plate.

Thanks

Nov 08, 2013 at 01:43 AM
peter_n
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gitzo GT3541LS Geared Column query

I had a similar quandary last year when Gitzo introduced the 3542LS. I ordered a GS3511S regular center column as I had the same thought as you as there are one or two accessories that were incompatible with the current base.

What I got after quite a while was a GS3512S which was an inch longer. It also worked just fine in my 3541LS. The description for my center column on the B&H web site includes this bullet: "Gitzo Power Disc & Safety Catch Design". There's an identical description for the GS3311GS you're thinking of buying on the B&H site.

So I think the GS3311GS will be OK on your tripod. Since you're in Oz I would confirm this with your dealer before the purchase, especially if you're buying from the US.

Nov 08, 2013 at 09:43 AM
veeral
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gitzo GT3541LS Geared Column query

hey Peter,

thanks for the reply. I was a little confused with the description of the GS3311GS since it mentioned about the "safety catch design" feature which was absent in the GT3541LS but present in the GT3542LS.

I might dig around a little then order it from the US. It's a shame that the local distributors don't keep stock of special accessories hence looking for alternative places of purchase.

Nov 08, 2013 at 06:58 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.