Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              19      
20
       21       22       23       end
  

Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens
  
 
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #1 · p.20 #1 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


gocolts wrote:
I decided that even if it can't stand up to my Canon 400 DO with a 1.4TC,






  Canon EOS 7D    EF400mm f/4 DO IS USM +1.4x lens    560mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    800 ISO    -0.7 EV  




Jan 06, 2014 at 08:04 PM
gocolts
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #2 · p.20 #2 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


Imagemaster wrote:


Exactly.



Jan 06, 2014 at 11:37 PM
abqnmusa
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.20 #3 · p.20 #3 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


Imagemaster,

nice image with the 400 DO
You make me want to buy the 400DO & 1.4X III TC

nice hand holdable combo



Jan 07, 2014 at 07:51 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #4 · p.20 #4 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


abqnmusa wrote:
Imagemaster,

nice image with the 400 DO
You make me want to buy the 400DO & 1.4X III TC

nice hand holdable combo


Thanks. The most hand-holdable combo I know of that gets you to 560mm f5.6 with good results.



Jan 07, 2014 at 08:56 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #5 · p.20 #5 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


Imagemaster wrote:
Thanks. The most hand-holdable combo I know of that gets you to 560mm f5.6 with good results.


Tony have you tried it at 800 f/8 with the 2.0TCIII? I would consider the 400DO if the 800mm option was useable. Somehow I don't think it would be all that great. I find the 1200 f/8 of the 600II very useable and I know many find the 1000 f/8 from the 500II to be very useable also but I'm just not sure about the 800 f/8 from this older generation lens. Let me know as I may consider getting one even though I already have the 300II.



Jan 08, 2014 at 01:19 AM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #6 · p.20 #6 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


arbitrage wrote:
Tony have you tried it at 800 f/8 with the 2.0TCIII? I would consider the 400DO if the 800mm option was useable. Somehow I don't think it would be all that great. I find the 1200 f/8 of the 600II very useable and I know many find the 1000 f/8 from the 500II to be very useable also but I'm just not sure about the 800 f/8 from this older generation lens. Let me know as I may consider getting one even though I already have the 300II.


Geoff, I can give the 400 with 2x III a try tomorrow and let you know. Neither the 300 f2.8, 500, or 600 are hand-holdable options for me.



Jan 08, 2014 at 02:03 AM
jcolwell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #7 · p.20 #7 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


I use the 500/4L IS handheld for BIF, when they're close enough that there's a significant "crossing velocity", and so I'm actively panning to get the shot; otherwise, I put it on a monopod.


Jan 08, 2014 at 02:42 AM
Karl Witt
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #8 · p.20 #8 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


Just an offering for someone looking to get on a list that has only a few on it at the moment.

Give Norman Camera a call in Kalamazoo Michigan and ask for Pat, tell him I told you to call 269-343-0460. He has several on order Canon and Nikon mount and at the moment feels they will be in stock to ship by the 17th.

These folks are very reputable and have supplied many high end lenses to FM members that I know.

I'm getting very anxious and yes I am first on their list
Karl



Jan 08, 2014 at 03:52 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #9 · p.20 #9 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


Karl Witt wrote:
Just an offering for someone looking to get on a list that has only a few on it at the moment.

Give Norman Camera a call in Kalamazoo Michigan and ask for Pat, tell him I told you to call 269-343-0460. He has several on order Canon and Nikon mount and at the moment feels they will be in stock to ship by the 17th.

These folks are very reputable and have supplied many high end lenses to FM members that I know.

I'm getting very anxious and yes I am first on their list
Karl


Karl, I'm holding back on this lens for now as I have different priorities in saving for the 200-400 at this time. So I'm looking forward to your impressions as maybe it will save me $11,000 in the end



Jan 08, 2014 at 03:54 PM
Karl Witt
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #10 · p.20 #10 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


arbitrage wrote:
Karl, I'm holding back on this lens for now as I have different priorities in saving for the 200-400 at this time. So I'm looking forward to your impressions as maybe it will save me $11,000 in the end


You better save quickly, likely the Canon will go up as will the Tamron if it is the hit we are hoping for.
I really don't feel much to worry about on IQ, I don't expect the AF to be as fast as an the 'L's' we are comparing it to, sure there will be some minor shortcomings perhaps but I can deal with that easier than another $11k
I will sincerely share what I have when I have it!
Karl



Jan 08, 2014 at 05:03 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



myy001
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #11 · p.20 #11 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


Not sure if this has been posted:
http://qicai.fengniao.com/425/4259287_all.html#p4264653

Google Translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fqicai.fengniao.com%2F425%2F4259287_all.html




Jan 08, 2014 at 08:08 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #12 · p.20 #12 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


arbitrage wrote:
Tony have you tried it at 800 f/8 with the 2.0TCIII? I would consider the 400DO if the 800mm option was useable. Somehow I don't think it would be all that great. I find the 1200 f/8 of the 600II very useable and I know many find the 1000 f/8 from the 500II to be very useable also but I'm just not sure about the 800 f/8 from this older generation lens. Let me know as I may consider getting one even though I already have the 300II.







1

  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    400mm    f/4.0    1/800s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  







2

  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    560mm    f/5.6    1/400s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  







3

  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    800mm    f/8.0    1/160s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  







4

  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    400mm    f/4.0    1/800s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jan 08, 2014 at 09:39 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #13 · p.20 #13 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


*





5

  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    400mm    f/4.0    1/800s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  







6

  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    560mm    f/5.6    1/400s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  







7

  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    800mm    f/8.0    1/160s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jan 08, 2014 at 09:41 PM
brimull
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #14 · p.20 #14 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


Interesting. It seems to retain a high degree of overall image quality, especially noticeable when viewing the image using a 2x versus the upsized bare lens (400mm).

Brian M.



Jan 08, 2014 at 10:13 PM
abqnmusa
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.20 #15 · p.20 #15 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens



so the 400mm F4 DO is looking good

it will be interesting to see if the Tamron 150-600 completes at 400mm & 560mm



Jan 09, 2014 at 12:19 AM
gocolts
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #16 · p.20 #16 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


abqnmusa wrote:

so the 400mm F4 DO is looking good

it will be interesting to see if the Tamron 150-600 completes at 400mm & 560mm


Yes, it does. Such a useful lens to me, but the price of the Tamron and the zoom range made it something I had to try.

Time permitting, I'll be doing some comparison tests between my 400 DO and Tamron 150-600 which I pre-ordered. All I have is a free test chart I printed out and fairly basic "testing" skills, so folks will be welcome to take the test for what it's worth.



Jan 09, 2014 at 01:35 AM
dgdg
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.20 #17 · p.20 #17 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens




arbitrage wrote:
Tony have you tried it at 800 f/8 with the 2.0TCIII? I would consider the 400DO if the 800mm option was useable. Somehow I don't think it would be all that great. I find the 1200 f/8 of the 600II very useable and I know many find the 1000 f/8 from the 500II to be very useable also but I'm just not sure about the 800 f/8 from this older generation lens. Let me know as I may consider getting one even though I already have the 300II.


The 400do does a great job with 1.4x but I found with 2x it gets a bit too mushy. If all I ever wanted was 560mm, I'd look no further. The 600mm II with 2x is ja w dropping.



Jan 09, 2014 at 01:50 AM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.20 #18 · p.20 #18 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


dgdg wrote:
The 400do does a great job with 1.4x but I found with 2x it gets a bit too mushy. If all I ever wanted was 560mm, I'd look no further. The 600mm II with 2x is ja w dropping.


At $7,000 more for the 600, I would hope so.

And you won't pick up a used one for $3500.



Jan 09, 2014 at 02:33 AM
dgdg
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.20 #19 · p.20 #19 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


lol. Point taken.
Not to veer too off topic, but we do that anyway at page 20 don't we?
I still like the 400 DO very much. It's used price, IS, f/4, light weight and 1.4x performance is quite amazing. Very easy to travel with on a plane.



Jan 09, 2014 at 02:43 AM
abqnmusa
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.20 #20 · p.20 #20 · Tamron announces 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens


If possible when you test ...

real world pictures taken with 400 DO + 1.4X TC & the Tamron 150-600 at 600
shoot some with one lens, then some with the other lens

I find test charts of little use as they do not test ability of the lens to servo focus on a moving subject
test charts also do not show bokeh or have lighting that would show CA

testing of the Tamron 150-600 is going to be interesting.



Jan 09, 2014 at 04:52 PM
1       2       3              19      
20
       21       22       23       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              19      
20
       21       22       23       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password