New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 6D price question

ian watstein
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 6D price question

After months of research and evaluation I have decided upon the 6D, and am pretty much set to buy one...
... but I cannot, for the life of me, understand the price fluctuations I have seen over the last month.
A month ago the body was $1999,;a fair price. At some point it dropped to $1899; a better price. Last week we saw a huge price drop down to $1573, which quietly rose up to $1648 over the weekend and now B&H has it at $1899, Amazon at $1799. Even Canon's refurbished body price saw a 20% sale which ended a less then week after starting; but they sold out so that's a rather moot point too.
I am looking to replace my 30D, so it's been quite a while since I have payed attention to the camera body market; this seems odd too me.
I quess my question is: is it normal so see a $400 (25%) drop in price on this (or any body) with any regularity, around this time of year, or was this a fluke (which I may have list out on)?
All said and done, any suggestions for the near future as to when/where to our has the body; I need it by years end, so I have some time.
Thanks
Ian

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:12 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 6D price question

Canon does usually run rebate offers a few times per year. Retailers are restricted quite a bit by Canon's MAP as far as what price they can advertise. So, it's a good idea to follow a site like www.canonpricewatch.com for a heads up when there are deals available. And then you have to strike while the iron's hot

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 6D price question

Canon is dropping the price due to pressure from Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus and the competition. Add in they are due for a new body announcement and clearing out old stock makes sense.

After getting their butt handed to them by the other makers the past few years I hope what they have planned will be worth it instead of another lukewarm offering compared to the more progressive companies.

Nov 05, 2013 at 09:53 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.