Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Why is it?....rant

Mickey
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Why is it?....rant

Why is it that some sellers want to shirk their responsibility for delivering the product they sell to the buyer? They want the buyer to be responsible for the item being delivered in good condition. Shipping insurance is to protect the seller/shipper NOT the buyer. It is the responsibility of the seller to get the item to the buyer. If the item is lost or damaged it is the seller that will have to do all the followup and process any paperwork. After all they are the one that bought the insurance regardless of how it was paid for. There is nothing the buyer could do except stand back and wait. Build the cost of insurance into the selling price and stand behind what you sell or don't and take the risk that if it is lost or damaged the buyer has a right to expect their money refunded immediately.
There. I feel better.

Nov 05, 2013 at 04:31 PM
mitesh
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Why is it?....rant

I agree, Mickey. I sold a Canon 1DX a few months ago and priced it to include insured shipping from a reduced rate FedEx kiosk on the military base I work at. When time came to ship, FedEx's computers were down and I had to go to a UPS store off base to ship. What I planned on costing me $30 cost me $112, but I had to protect myself and the buyer in case something went awry.

Nov 05, 2013 at 05:09 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Why is it?....rant

Well, for my .02$ it's about bullshitting the buyer on the REAL cost to the Buyer. " I hate this crap of "net to me," or, "if you want insurance, you'll have to get it," or, as has begun to pop up here of late where buyers are saying "send me the shipping label." Or, even though the B&S rules forbid Auctions, nonetheless posting a laundry list of items and telling prospective buyers to submit an offer. (or, up charging shipping by requiring payment for "packing materials" WTF) Horse crap. Quote a cotton pickin' price that includes PP fees, shipping AND insurance for full value. Mitesh, you got it, and Mickey, you're right on.

Nov 05, 2013 at 05:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Why is it?....rant

I sell lots of stuff. I specify a cost for the item, and another cost for insured shipping. The cost for shipping varies according to how the buyer wants it shipped, and where it's going. The shipping insurance protects both the buyer and the seller. As long as the cost for shipping is "up front", I see no problem. I prefer that to having the shipping cost buried in the item cost.

Nov 05, 2013 at 06:22 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Why is it?....rant

So long as shipping and full value insurance are your responsibility, I have no problem with your approach.

Nov 05, 2013 at 06:36 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Why is it?....rant

anthonysemone wrote:
So long as shipping and full value insurance are your responsibility, I have no problem with your approach.

That's good for me.

Nov 05, 2013 at 07:13 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password