New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Resizing in OS 10.8.5

Yukonica
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Resizing in OS 10.8.5

Having upgraded my FM to Upload&Sell I'm looking for the best solution to resizing/compressing images to post.
I use Aperture for processing so the recommended plugin isn't on the list. I've looked at OS preview resizing and the quality sucks. I tried an online free app that was better but still not to the standard I would like. I then resized using a trial version of DxO 9 that produces reasonable results but the file is still 1.2mb which is probably not the intent of asking people to resize.
Does anyone have suggestions on software that is either an Aperture plugin or stand alone? A small price is acceptable but I'm not interested in a full CS suite.
THanks.

resized from online app

Nov 05, 2013 at 09:45 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Resizing in OS 10.8.5

Yukonica,

Under File>export Aperture gives you near complete control over photo size, type, and photo dimensions. If that's not enough for you then Preview also allows you to re-size photos. You don't need 3rd party software to get this control.

Robert

Nov 05, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Yukonica
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Resizing in OS 10.8.5

Hi Robert, thank you for the tip. You are absolutely correct. I just did a side by side view on a retina display and the re-size from Aperture is the best of the three options I tried. Sometimes one should look close to home before starting out on a search, eh? Again. Thanks.

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:16 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.