Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

John P Mulgrew
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

This has never happened to me before and hoping it's a one time thing or should I send this body back to Canon before Bball begins in a couple of weeks. AI Servo, Case 4, Machine Gun Mode

Canon EOS-1D X    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens    200mm    f/2.8    1/640s    10000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:20 AM
onegreatcity
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

I've seen similar results on previous bodies I've owned and it was a suspected memory card issue. The advice I got was to try another card and see if it happens again; it didn't in my case.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

I agree it is either a card issue, or possibly a cheap reader.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:27 AM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

Memory card.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:29 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

Yep I didn't even think of the card but you guys are right, thanks

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

Yes, memory card. Give it a full, or low, formatting.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:36 AM
timpdx
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

Card.

I have about a dozen of these in sequence, then it ended and every other pic was fine. Needless to day, that card is history.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:39 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

Format it through my Mac? I will be keeping this card out now.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Larate
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

If the photos you've planned to shoot are important for you, I strongly recommend the "mirror copy" of the 1Dx. And if you have not done it yet, invest in good CF cards.

As a side note, I'm surprised when one agrees to buy expensive bodies, and is reluctant to buy accessories but the cheapest ones ! Even for important accessories. And too often these cheap accessories are "bought two times", because they failed miserably.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:45 AM
timpdx
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

Sorry, if a card ever did that again, it would be in the trash. I would NEVER trust the card in my example pic again...and given how cheap cards are, why would you ever risk it? The place where I shot my corrupted pics is not easy to get to and I really can't just go back and reshoot it.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

I have been using Transcend for years and never a problem until today. All cards can fail no matter their cost. I'll stick with Transcend. Today was just a Bball scrimmage and it was only the one, thanks for the advice everyone. Transcend 64GB 600x CF, but I have a second one in the 1DX.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:48 AM
timpdx
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

I like Transcend cards, had them back in the CF days and have a few Transcend SDHC cards now (Sony NEX and 6D). Never had a problem with Transcend. My corrupted card was Lexar pro versions.

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Larate
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

@John P Mulgrew : I hope you've understand that my side note was not directed at you. But the backup advice was :')

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:53 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

Larate wrote:
@John P Mulgrew : I hope you've understand that my side note was not directed at you. But the backup advice was :')

No it's cool

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:58 AM
SLD
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

John P Mulgrew wrote:
I have been using Transcend for years and never a problem until today. All cards can fail no matter their cost. I'll stick with Transcend. Today was just a Bball scrimmage and it was only the one, thanks for the advice everyone. Transcend 64GB 600x CF, but I have a second one in the 1DX.

use it as a backup card with the 1Dx

Nov 05, 2013 at 03:51 AM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

I have had a Sandisk card do that years ago... I called Sandisk and they replaced it no questions asked. They have lifetime warranties on those cards, (same with Lexar), so check to see if you can get a replacement.

Nov 05, 2013 at 03:54 AM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

John, I have also had similar results with different bodies/cards. New cards have cleaned up the issue.
Good luck with hoop season.

Nov 05, 2013 at 05:38 AM
Larate
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

SLD wrote:
use it as a backup card with the 1Dx

Hope you're joking.
Except if you don't care about your data, you must not use a faulting device as a backup. A backup is your insurance in case your primary device would fail !

Nov 05, 2013 at 02:07 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

I had this on about 15 pictures at random intervals from a ~600 shot shoot on a Transcend 32GB 1000x card in my 1DX. After the first time, I decided to use the dual card slots and mirror the images (creating backup). Made sure to format in camera before every shoot. Was going fine for at least 4-5000 images. Then this weekend was shooting and got about 30 corrupted files out of a full card of ~930 shots. Downloaded those shots and then after that the CF card couldn't be read anymore by the camera or either of my CF readers in my computer. So I thought it must just be a bad card that got worse. Then looked at the second Transcend 32GB 1000x card that was in the other slot.....3-4 corrupted files out of another 800 or so shots. However, the corruption displayed differently in LR than the original card.

Now I'm confused if it is a card issue or a 1DX writing and corrupting the card issue. I've used Transcend cards for years and also Lexar. Never had this with any of my other cards but those were all in other bodies (5D3, 7D, 1D4). I sent the non-readable card back to Transcend under RMA request. Lifetime warranty on the cards so should get a a new one in a few weeks. I will continue to shoot mirrored so as to limit my liability of loosing pictures. I'm going to throw in my trusted Lexar 1000x that is usually in the 5D3 and has never had issues. If I start to get problems on the Lexar in the 1DX, then I think the 1DX must be the source of the problem. May have to send in the 2nd Transcend card soon also.

Nov 05, 2013 at 02:52 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 1DX image messed up, only 1

cards fail, nothing brand specific, it just happens sometimes. Inb4anecdotal "evidence".

Nov 05, 2013 at 02:58 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password