New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · tethered event shooing / printing / Canon 5d and 6d

jolson72
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · tethered event shooing / printing / Canon 5d and 6d

I have a 5d classic, as well as a 6d that I am trying to get working for tethered shooting.

My understanding with the 5D classic is that it will only work tethered with a system running windows XP. I have tried several workarounds with the 5D classic to shoot tethered, and none of them have worked.

And the 6d requires the newest version of Lightroom to work in a tethered environment.

For anyone using a 5Dc or 6D, can you please share what tethered software / solutions you have found. Thanks,

James.

Nov 04, 2013 at 03:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · tethered event shooing / printing / Canon 5d and 6d

I don't think the 5D works in tethered mode. The 6D works fine with EOS Utility. You don't need LR to control or save the images.

Nov 04, 2013 at 05:32 PM
gwaww
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · tethered event shooing / printing / Canon 5d and 6d

I've shot several events with my 5d MKII (you won't get the 5D to work) but I'm sure the 6d will. I use the EOS Utility and software called Shoot-N-print. It will automate what ever you want it to including printing. Excellent program and reasonably priced too.

Nov 04, 2013 at 05:45 PM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · tethered event shooing / printing / Canon 5d and 6d

Another vote for shoot-n-print. I've also tried dslrBooth but found it to be pretty unreliable.

Nov 04, 2013 at 07:36 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.