1       2       3              17      
       end

Archive 2013 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

rxgolf
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #1 · p.18 #1 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

Jorge Torralba wrote:
i received the NPS email today to pre-order. I did so and loca dealer has me at the top of the list. Whatthe heck. It does look very sexy in black

I know....right lol
After hanging up my dealer called back in five asking what color. I am drawn to the silver, but of course said black. Just like cars I guess, I always say never again to black but somehow black ends up in the garage :-))
Greg

Nov 14, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Jorge Torralba
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.18 #2 · p.18 #2 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

The black looks sexy, the chrome looks good but for some reason in chrome it looks off balance.

Nov 14, 2013 at 09:39 PM
mholdef
• • •
p.18 #3 · p.18 #3 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

rxgolf wrote:
I know....right lol
After hanging up my dealer called back in five asking what color. I am drawn to the silver, but of course said black. Just like cars I guess, I always say never again to black but somehow black ends up in the garage :-))
Greg

+1

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:44 AM
pr4photos
• • •
p.18 #4 · p.18 #4 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

I'm quite surprised at the amount of people ordering this camera, given its price. Its not really saying to Nikon its too much money when people are putting in orders. Have people got more money than sense? I don't know. I guess as I am a professional photographer rather than a hobbyist I look at things differently, and to me, as a photographic tool its way overpriced. As a 'nice thing to have' I guess people will buy it. It doesn't do anything that a much cheaper body will do - in fact it does less.

Nov 15, 2013 at 05:09 AM
rxgolf
• • • •
p.18 #5 · p.18 #5 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

pr4photos wrote:
I'm quite surprised at the amount of people ordering this camera, given its price. Its not really saying to Nikon its too much money when people are putting in orders. Have people got more money than sense? I don't know. I guess as I am a professional photographer rather than a hobbyist I look at things differently, and to me, as a photographic tool its way overpriced. As a 'nice thing to have' I guess people will buy it. It doesn't do anything that a much cheaper body will do - in fact it does less.

For me, it is in one way a great value. For over a year, I covered a lot of high school, natural low light events during my son's senior year with a D4. And while we can discuss 20 scenarios with 20 cameras talking about cutting the resolution on one to equal 16mp, setting up lights in the rafters for this shot, doing this or that to get a shot, the truth is IMO that my D4 or a 1Dx where the no muss, no fuss tools for the job. I won't know till I shoot it for a while, but I think I will be able to do most of these same things with a D4 sensor in the Df. I get asked to do some newborn shots in the hospital rooms from time to time. They want you in and out of that room as quick as possible. Many parents are tired and want only the light from the window. The do not want you bringing in an assistant with light aids. I don't know which " much cheaper body " will do a better job than the Df in this extreme low natural light environment? I guess to throw it back in your court, which much cheaper body will handle natural, low light subjects much better than the D4 sensor does? IMO, the D4 and 1Dx are currently the best for this kind of work.... Low light you are not allowed to alter. Until body is in hand and it proves me otherwise, I am thinking the Df should also prove trustworthy and proficient in many of the environments I often shoot in. In a couple of weeks we will see how that pudding taste lol.

Nov 15, 2013 at 06:19 AM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.18 #6 · p.18 #6 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

Jorge Torralba wrote:
The black looks sexy, the chrome looks good but for some reason in chrome it looks off balance.

I preordered the chrome. My first Minolta was chrome followed by a chrome Olympus.....I guess the camera really does tug at the heart strings.

pr4photos wrote:

Everybody has a different perspective in everything in life. I see the Df as a great value because I can get the D4 sensor at half the price. Plus I love the looks of it. You see it as overpriced and that probably comes from knowing your needs as a photographer and seeing cheaper options as a better value. This doesn't mean "people got more money than sense", it means we are all different and want different things out of the gear we want to buy.

Nov 15, 2013 at 07:23 AM
JulianDeLaRosa
• • •
p.18 #7 · p.18 #7 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

VinnieJ wrote:
I preordered the chrome. My first Minolta was chrome followed by a chrome Olympus.....I guess the camera really does tug at the heart strings.

Everybody has a different perspective in everything in life. I see the Df as a great value because I can get the D4 sensor at half the price. Plus I love the looks of it. You see it as overpriced and that probably comes from knowing your needs as a photographer and seeing cheaper options as a better value. This doesn't mean "people got more money than sense", it means we are all different and want
...Show more
Word.

Nov 15, 2013 at 09:31 AM
JulianDeLaRosa
• • •
p.18 #8 · p.18 #8 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

I too ordered the black. The silver is nice but, I find it too blingy imo.

Nov 15, 2013 at 09:32 AM
rhyder
• • • •
p.18 #9 · p.18 #9 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

pr4photos wrote:

Pro? Really? Then why do you care what other people buy? Oh....wait....it makes you feel better about yourself to when you run others down..............................

Nov 15, 2013 at 05:12 PM
rxgolf
• • • •
p.18 #10 · p.18 #10 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

" Have people got more money than sense? "

If you had my IQ it would be much more disturbing to contemplate having less money than sense :-))))

Nov 15, 2013 at 05:22 PM
Sir_Loin
• • •
p.18 #11 · p.18 #11 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

I have to say as a Canon user for too many years to mention, I think this camera looks fantastic, particularly the chrome version. It takes me back to my youth when SLR cameras were all knobs and dials and 'mechanical' looking. If I was a Nikon user I would buy one, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see if Canon follow suit and launches a retro body. I suppose I just want to reclaim my youth!

Edited on Nov 17, 2013 at 01:46 AM · View previous versions

Nov 16, 2013 at 04:33 AM
mholdef
• • •
p.18 #12 · p.18 #12 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

rxgolf wrote:
" Have people got more money than sense? "

If you had my IQ it would be much more disturbing to contemplate having less money than sense :-))))

If photography were only about sense then people wouldn't buy any photos

Nov 16, 2013 at 05:41 AM
Danner
• • •
p.18 #13 · p.18 #13 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

Well, I just read this entire thread. Somebody buy me a beer for that.

I ordered my black Df on Nov. 6, and I'm counting the days until I twist my 35/1.4G on it and head out for the evening.

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
hdavid
• •
p.18 #14 · p.18 #14 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

Danner - +1 - Amen brother. Let's see who gets theirs first.....

I'm going to twist on the 28/1.4D - just for chits and giggles.

Nov 17, 2013 at 01:04 AM
rxgolf
• • • •
p.18 #15 · p.18 #15 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

hdavid wrote:
Danner - +1 - Amen brother. Let's see who gets theirs first.....

I'm going to twist on the 28/1.4D - just for chits and giggles.

You two will have to post me some thoughts. I am thinking they get released Black Friday and I am at the hospital that Fri, Sat., and Sun. I will be very anxious to here what you see, so please don't leave a guy hanging in that situation until I can drive the 75 miles that following Monday to pick mine up.

This little story is WAY off topic and most may want to skip this whole post but you just made me smile talking about "going to twist on the 28/1.4D-just for chits and giggles". I used to boat with some guys and one of my best friends was putting his new boat in the water for the first time. Before backing it off the trailer, he walked to the cooler, grabbed a beer, and of course twisted off the lid. He then for chits and giggles walked inside that new boat from end to end pouring beer on the carpet until that first beer was empty. When I asked him what he was doing, he just said that for a change around here he was going to be the first one of us SOB's to spill beer all over a new boat of his :-)). Then he fired her up, backed her off the trailer, and the day began. You had to be there but it WAS funny to watch!!

Nov 17, 2013 at 07:12 AM
Danner
• • •
p.18 #16 · p.18 #16 · Official: Nikon Df DSLR Camera Announced

rxgolf wrote:
You two will have to post me some thoughts. I am thinking they get released Black Friday and I am at the hospital that Fri, Sat., and Sun. I will be very anxious to here what you see, so please don't leave a guy hanging in that situation until I can drive the 75 miles that following Monday to pick mine up.

This little story is WAY off topic and most may want to skip this whole post but you just made me smile talking about "going to twist on the 28/1.4D-just for chits and giggles". I used to boat with
...Show more

Ha! That's funny as heck. Plus, stale beer is the perfect aroma for a boat, no doubt about that.

Nov 18, 2013 at 09:28 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.