Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

BeeBalm
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Froze Five Hours For This ?!!!! (8)

Hi PhotoFriends,

I do not like the cold or wind. Well down in the Eagle Valley, unfortunately, you get both a lot of the time. I am not looking forward to the upcoming weeks let alone December Donít want to disappoint you Bald Eagle lovers but my Eagle pictures may become less But I will try very hard to bundle up for you all here!

Today it was Cold with the wind blowing so hard it would knock over a lawn chair. The fallen leaves were blowing. I kept saying as each hour passed, should I call it a day But I kept sticking it out shivering Thinking only one good picture will make this freezing day fantastic!!! (you photographers understand my way of thinking)!!

I was so cold I had two hand warmers in each glove!

So getting to the Fifth Hour, still shivering! And then YES YES, I was jumping up and down when this Juvenile Bald Eagle flew right in front of me, knowing he was in full sunlight!! praying I got all his feathers in sun.

Pix 1

Here is a second picture from that burst:

Pix 2

Then shortly after that a Bald Eagle flew in a tree near by me. So I looked up high, up in the tree and kept a shooting and hoping because he was embedded in so much leaf foliage eating his fish. Hoping he came in focus. I really couldnít see much of anything because he was in such dark shade and then backlight brilliant sun but I did the best I could. I think his head was awesomely sharp. Sorry, no fish to see. It was in his tummy and within a few seconds, he jumped away behind the tree and was gone way away in that vicious and cold wind.

Pix 3

Here is yesterday at golden hour:

I was very excited since that was on my bucket list to get a golden hour capture so I was happy Iím sure you all know how important the golden hour is. The only problem with the golden hour with eagles is that it is so Ö cold. Why canít these birds show up when its 80 degrees Just kidding. I know why.

Pix 4

My capture from yesterday I loved because my goal is to get all the feathers in sunlight (a very hard task) and thought this picture had a bonus having his wingís tip touching the top of the ponds glassy smooth water! And I love how his talons are glowing in the sun and another bonus his inside wing has sun to see his feather detail! I am jumping out of my skin!

Pix 5

Here sometimes you catch a fish:

Pix 6

Here sometimes you donít catch a fish. It gets a bit boring watching them always get a fish. Sometimes the fish win. Yeah fish.

Pix 7

This Juvenile is enjoying a glorious blue-sky day!

Pix 8

I am so glad I have you all here to share my excitement with when I get some captures I like!

So I hope you like these Eight

BeeBalm

Edited on Nov 03, 2013 at 11:11 PM · View previous versions

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:53 PM
mitesh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Great set with plenty to be proud of, BB!

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:56 PM
brian_sp
• • •
p.1 #3 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

super set Bee, looks like you are addicted now, specially when toughing out the weather you encountered, but from these shots it was well worth it,

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:57 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Super set BB. They have eagles in Florida, have you considered moving? Then you can complain it's too darn hot!

Morris

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:58 PM
dhb820
• • •
p.1 #5 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Fantastic set...love #5!

Nov 03, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Storm300
• • •
p.1 #6 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Well done BB.. awesome eagle set! 4, 5, 6 are my favs of the set. Sweet stuff!

Nov 03, 2013 at 11:12 PM
birdfreak12
• • •
p.1 #7 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Great set. I don't mind the cold when I get a chance to shoot at any birds, especially the Bald Eagle But that's just me. Thanks for sharing.

Nov 03, 2013 at 11:13 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

No telling how great a shot you would have gotten if you had stayed another hour BB... This is an extra nice set. In 7, are you sure it wasn't the fish jumping to catch the eagle?? The standouts for me are 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8 ~ Ron

Nov 04, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

BB:
Cold haha...the temp was 48-degrees and 25-miles/hour wind. The cold is yet to come. Brrrrrrrrr............. excellent captures

PS: Ted's pond not eagle valley

Ted

Nov 04, 2013 at 12:46 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

BB, BRAVO !!! Excellent set . I would say the 5 hours in the cold was so very worth capturing these wonderful shots.

Birdie

Nov 04, 2013 at 01:03 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

MS PHOTO
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

BeeBalm
Great set, I know how you feel, you want to stay just a little longer to get one last good shot, hope to see you at the dam some day, maybe heading down this week.
Paul

Nov 04, 2013 at 01:04 AM
thehotel
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Nice set, you should be very happy.

Wacky roger

Nov 04, 2013 at 01:35 AM
Reeftank1
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Well done set and sorry to hear about the coldness. I think of it as a blessing though because coldness is MY time with nature and little in the way of distractions so I can really focus on what is beautiful while clearing the head.

Brian

Nov 04, 2013 at 04:08 AM
ScottHM
• • •
p.1 #14 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Congratulations on the shots...sorry about the cold, I guess sometimes we have to suffer a little...but certainly paid out in the end for you, and for us.

Nov 04, 2013 at 04:43 AM
tfoltz
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

BeeBalm,
You have cold and Eagles we don't have eagles and sometimes we have cold.
So you are ahead of us in both departmentsÖ keep up the good work.

-Tim

Nov 04, 2013 at 04:54 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Good Job, I love the one were the fish wins ...

Nov 04, 2013 at 05:27 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

great lookin eagles BB

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:10 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Very nice work BB. The eagle in the tree is quite well done. Lovely results from a hard lighting situation.

Nov 04, 2013 at 01:30 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

A top set BeeBalm. I'm with you on the cold, it really isn't enjoyable but you did get a great set of images in return for your discomfort.

Paul.

Nov 04, 2013 at 04:13 PM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Froze Five Hours For This ????!!!! (8)

Lovely set BB.

Nov 04, 2013 at 04:23 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password