New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Intensify Pro

rextilleon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Intensify Pro

I was just surfing around researching image manipulation software, when I ran across a product called Intensify Pro. I downloaded the 15 day fully functional trial and to put it lightly, I'm amazed at what it can do. I was wondering if any others on this board have used it, and if so, are they bowled over like I am. I need validation my friends. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3709/10625662204_47b414447a.jpg

Nov 03, 2013 at 04:37 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Intensify Pro

Could give us some background on the pix you posted? It's hard to know what you've done with the software if we don't know what your steps were or have an unprocessed RAW to compare it to. I've never heard of the program. What does it run on and what does it claim to do?

Robert

Nov 03, 2013 at 09:49 AM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Intensify Pro

rextilleon wrote:
I need validation my friends.

It's a nice pile of leaves. Finest I've seen today.

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:18 AM
rextilleon
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Intensify Pro

It works as a stand alone or a plug-in for Lightroom, Photoshop and I believe Aperture. I used one of the many presets that are available

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:19 AM
rextilleon
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Intensify Pro

Actually not a pile of leaves. Obviously, you don't know what a pile of leaves looks like. Thanks for your constructive comment.

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:21 AM
FLSTCSAM
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Intensify Pro

rextilleon wrote:
Actually not a pile of leaves. Obviously, you don't know what a pile of leaves looks like. Thanks for your constructive comment.

Why so snarky?

I have seen lots of leaves in my time on this planet. On trees, off trees, in piles, and this sure looks like a pile of leaves to me.

If your looking for constructive comments on a program few have herd of perhaps some explanation and examples of where you started and what this program did for your image would help.

Otherwise it looks like a dull, colorless, pile of leaves.

Sam

Nov 03, 2013 at 12:15 PM
rextilleon
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Intensify Pro

Because I merely asked if anyone had used a given product. The "snarky" comment was by the responder who had nothing to offer but a totally unrelated answer. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to do that brilliant analysis.

Nov 03, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Sal Baker
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Intensify Pro

I'm guessing by the name that it's another local contrast enhancement plugin like Topaz Clarity or Nik Tonal Contrast.

Sal

Nov 03, 2013 at 02:01 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Intensify Pro

OntheRez wrote:
Could give us some background on the pix you posted? It's hard to know what you've done with the software if we don't know what your steps were or have an unprocessed RAW to compare it to. I've never heard of the program. What does it run on and what does it claim to do?

Robert

Would be nice if you posted the original capture for a comparison - no?

Also, like OntheRez says, more info.

Nov 03, 2013 at 02:09 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Intensify Pro

From CNET (looks like for Mac's Only)

Publisher's Description
From Macphun Software:

Intensify Pro lets discerning photographers of all skill levels create powerful photographic images with unprecedented drama and detail. Precise control of contrast, structure, detail and sharpening across different tonal ranges delivers high quality results every time.

Special algorithms to prevent image artifacts, image layer stacking with opacity control, dozens of professionally created presets, adjustment brushes, RAW image support, vignettes and the ability to run as a standalone or as a plug-in for popular host applications all make Intensify Pro an essential part of your photo editing toolbox.

Cost to buy: 60 smackers

Nov 03, 2013 at 02:14 PM
rextilleon
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Intensify Pro

Thanks. Obviously nobody has an experience with it. They have a 15 day trial on it so try it if you want. This is my last post on the subject.

Nov 03, 2013 at 05:24 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Intensify Pro

Intensifying colors can be fun. Without a before and after comparison we can't really tell what it did. I use my own routines in PS to do most of that type of editing myself.

Nov 03, 2013 at 09:22 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Intensify Pro

I'm impressed with jpegs in VIVID from my D610 with zero saturation or contrast..I can intensify the hell out of the colors if need be

Nov 03, 2013 at 11:40 PM
trevanian
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Intensify Pro

I've never seen a plant take offense, so this plug in just does what exactly?

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Macphun

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Intensify Pro

Hey guys!

Came across your conversation and wanted to say thanks for trying the free trial! Intensify Pro is both a plug-in and standalone product that allows photographers to have full creative control over the details in their images. As Sal Baker mentioned, the name does speak for itself as it allows you to "Intensify" your images through creative control over detail, contrast, structure and more.

You can find the Free Trial here (http://macphun.com/intensifypro), you can check out a bunch of before and after shots as well.

Thanks all! Have a wonderful holiday.

Nov 26, 2013 at 04:41 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Intensify Pro

I think I have some of their Android utilities; FX Photo Studio Pro, same logo anyway. Snapheal Pro looks nice with it's subject removal features. I think I tried their Intensify Pro a year or so ago and decided after using it once or twice that it's easier with more control, just to move a few sliders in ACR instead.

Nov 26, 2013 at 05:33 PM
Oxy_M

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Intensify Pro

Hey Bifurcator, right now Macphun doesn't develop Android apps, maybe in future. Intensify Pro was released in November 2013, so maybe the app you tried was not Intensify Pro...

Jan 21, 2014 at 06:50 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.