Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Birding sites in Southern California

wlderdude
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Birding sites in Southern California

I get to go visit the in laws in Southern California this Christmas. Are there any places i should check out for bird watching? I'll be staying in the Temecula area.

I've enjoyed photographing the shorebird of the Texas Gulf Coast, but I'm open to any kind of birding appropriate for a novice wildlife photographer.

Is the Salton Sea worth checking out? I'm kind of intrigued by that area for reasons that don't seem the least bit rational.

Nov 02, 2013 at 01:57 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Birding sites in Southern California

I'm a New Yorker yet can highly recommend a visit to the San Diago Safari Park.

http://www.sdzsafaripark.org/planyourtrip/hours_and_directions.html

It is wonderful zoo and as it's an huge open area with abundant food and protection many wild birds visit there. I've taken many amazing photos of wile birds there.

Morris

Nov 02, 2013 at 02:28 PM
Tracey Harmon
• •
p.1 #3 · Birding sites in Southern California

Hello,

Just south-east of Temecula you will find Palomar Mountain State Park. I usually find a host of critters (furred and feathered) there. East of Temecula, towards Palm Springs, you will find a number of places to photograph. And of course there is the Salton Sea, which I have been to a number of times. Lots of birds there, and the predators that chase them. It is one of my favorite places to photograph Burrowing Owls. If you do decide to visit the Salton Sea swing through Borrego Springs and check on the Desert Bighorns.

Above all…enjoy the trip!

Tracey

Nov 03, 2013 at 01:55 AM
BrunoS72
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Birding sites in Southern California

My photos of 170+ species with name and location (click on picture) all taken in San Diego County or close by. Let me know if you are looking for a particular species.

Link to Gallery Here

Nov 03, 2013 at 03:58 AM
film_4ever
• •
p.1 #5 · Birding sites in Southern California

I've not been to the Salton Sea area yet, so can't comment on that. However, about an hour to the north next to the coast at Huntington Beach is the Bolsa-Chica preserve. You'll have an opportunity to shoot a lot of shore birds and ducks at the preserve.

Nov 04, 2013 at 10:50 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password