Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

campy
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

I have a chance to buy a 6D kit unopened for $1800. I was told it was a gift but he wants the 5D MK III. I have the 5D MK II with a very sharp 24-105mm now and want opinions on whether it's worth the upgrade. I figure if I sell his new lens for around $700 that would leave the 6D cost at $1100 and then I could compare my 5D MK II and the 6D and see if the 6D is better. I also figure I would be able to sell either the 5D or 6D for more than $1100 so I wouldn't lose any money on this deal.
Too much of a hassle for the possible minor upgrade?

Nov 01, 2013 at 08:48 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

I made the step from 5DII to 6D in June. The 6D is better.

How much hassle is too much hassle is entirely up to you. For me, it's normal. Part of my lifestyle. Buy stuff, sell stuff.

I sold my 5DII for about half of the cost of my 6D. I'm good with that. If you can break even or better, (which I think is true) then what are you waiting for?

Nov 01, 2013 at 09:26 PM
popinvasion
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

Easy decision

Nov 01, 2013 at 09:28 PM
fsiagian
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

Buy it and if you don't like it, sell it here.

Nov 01, 2013 at 09:29 PM
campy
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

I bought the 6D kit from the guy and have been playing with it for about an hour and it feels a lot different than my 5DMK II. I will play with it more tomorrow and see how it is.

Nov 02, 2013 at 02:03 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

Nov 02, 2013 at 02:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

big country
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

i prob would've just bought a refurb 6d for $1215 + taxes from canon. 1 year warranty and all.

Sold the 5d ii.

Nov 02, 2013 at 02:25 AM
form
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

If only the 6D had...PC SYNC port, 1/200 flash sync....1/8000 shutter speed so I don't have to stop down to f/3.5 to not blow out a sunny day...I might trade my 5d2s out for them. But...They don't, so I can't.

Nov 02, 2013 at 02:36 AM
campy
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

I picked up the 6D kit last night and will try to do some comparisons to my 5D MK II. The first thing I noticed was the rear wheel feels like crap compared to the 5D when rotating and the layout of the buttons will take some getting use to. Overall feel is much cheaper.

Nov 02, 2013 at 03:08 PM
masberg224

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

form wrote:
If only the 6D had...PC SYNC port, 1/200 flash sync....1/8000 shutter speed so I don't have to stop down to f/3.5 to not blow out a sunny day...I might trade my 5d2s out for them. But...They don't, so I can't.

Get a ND filter or CPL

Nov 03, 2013 at 05:58 PM
outlawyer
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I need a quick opinion on this deal.

The high ISO capability of the 6D is astonishing. Perfect for us fans of ambient light. Of course I thought the same about the original 5D

I don't find the rear wheel to feel as cheap as some, it's just different; it works fine, and that's more important than "feel" IMO.

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:25 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password