p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Girls Soccer

few more...

8. Under the lights

Nov 01, 2013 at 07:54 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Girls Soccer

Chris, definitely some tough lighting conditions here. Nothing like cycling lights to deal with at night. #3 might be the best example, if by chance these were shot in raw you might try changing the temp and tint (lightroom basic panel). If this was an output from my local field I'd start with 4200 and 20. YMMV. Golden light can be a very fun time for soccer. Adding white uni's can make it a bit tricky. Most important, which it looks like you've concentrated on, are the face exposures. You might want to open the shadows up a bit by either shooting at 0.0 EV vs -0.3 or in PP. See 4 & 5, both show little detail in the blacks, JMTC.

Other comments: 1/500 is a bit slow for action, ex. see ball in #1. Understand the noise factor but if the body allows I'd bump the ISO to give you at least 1/800. Best action here is 1, 2, 5(wish it was from a lower angle) &7. The semi-symmetry in #8 is nice (maybe an exposure bump in PP ??)

Regards,
Matt

Nov 02, 2013 at 07:49 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Girls Soccer

@Matt, thanks very much for the input/suggestions.

I actually did shoot 0.0 the other night, and agree, generally shoot higher than 1/500 despite others saying it's fine for freezing action...and I switched to RAW last night...still going through those...

Chris

Nov 03, 2013 at 07:14 AM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Girls Soccer

GASP!!!!!! Do my eyes deceive me? Did one of the great pillars of JPEG shooting just say the word RAW. I thought you had that setting removed by Nikon last time you had your D3s in for cleaning?!?!?

You know I am just giving you grief, Chris. I can't imagine rescuing some of the images I shoot without shooting in RAW. Kudos for you for getting the shots right in camera every time.

Rick

Nov 05, 2013 at 07:59 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS Girls Soccer

Ha ha, thanks Rick, well, it was only half the game

But, I did shoot RAW 100% last night, so we'll see. I'm way behind, HS playoffs are in full swing.

Chris

Nov 05, 2013 at 08:03 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.