Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Best beaches for portrait photography

russdenney01
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best beaches for portrait photography

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions as to the best beaches in the USA for portrait photography - preferably somewhere in Florida since we are coming up on winter time.

I would prefer something with a nice combination of rocky formations, dunes, grass, and decent wave activity...

Thanks,

Russ

Nov 01, 2013 at 12:17 PM
sibirdie
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best beaches for portrait photography

Best snow white beaches with dunes are on Florida's and Alabama's "Red Neck Coast" near Pensacola, but not much wave activity. Best sand dunes and ancient reefs looking like rocky formations beaches with decent wave activity are in northern Palm Beach County and Martin County. On Singer Island (Palm Beach County) there is a State or National Park with an unspoiled, undeveloped beach and a great sand dune. Miami-Dade County has the best tropical looking beaches.

Nov 01, 2013 at 01:08 PM
alohadave
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best beaches for portrait photography

Since you are in Mass, check out Humarock Beach. Great dunes on the south end, with grass, easily accessible and just the right size for portraits.

Hadley by alohadave, on Flickr

Nov 01, 2013 at 01:18 PM
01Ryan10
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best beaches for portrait photography

Well...you prefer Florida, but you'd be hard pressed to find anything better than Corona Del Mar and Laguna Beach for the environment you're looking for.

rocks
sunsets
waves

https://www.google.com/search?q=laguna+beach+sunset+portraits&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=DrpzUq2jOqWIiAKujoCAAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=laguna+beach+sunset+portraits&tbm=isch

Nov 01, 2013 at 02:26 PM
viczig
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best beaches for portrait photography

alohadave wrote:
Since you are in Mass, check out Humarock Beach. Great dunes on the south end, with grass, easily accessible and just the right size for portraits.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6614015271_8f9a00dbe8_n.jpg
Hadley by alohadave, on Flickr

+1

Nov 01, 2013 at 02:28 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best beaches for portrait photography

Sarasota, FL, has been voted one of the top 10 beaches in the USA. One thing to consider is whether you want a sunset shot going over the water (west FL beach) or not (east FL beach). Or you can go to the Keys and both sides are within minutes of each other.

Nov 01, 2013 at 02:50 PM

Jammyn
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best beaches for portrait photography

If you're headed south, John U Lloyd State Park is a great spot --- rocks, beach, and a small pier. I absolutely love shooting there.

Edited on Nov 02, 2013 at 10:46 AM · View previous versions

Nov 01, 2013 at 11:47 PM
russdenney01
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best beaches for portrait photography

Thanks all for the suggestions...

Laguna Beach looks great! I'll have to remember that if I go west.

Nov 02, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Wolf Jedamski
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Best beaches for portrait photography

None better than Cape San Blas especially at the end of all pavement in the state park.

Nov 02, 2013 at 02:45 AM
Mike1.6
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Best beaches for portrait photography

There's still time to do some good work down in the Plum Island Reservation in Massachusetts. Especially the Sandy Point Area. The driftwood constructions that people build there have provided some nice balance (framed side left or right to subject).

Nov 02, 2013 at 12:04 PM
courtneyjphoto

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Best beaches for portrait photography

In Key Biscayne here in Miami there is a beautiful park called Bill Baggs and there are rocks, beach, grass, waves, and a lighthouse. It's gorgeous.

Nov 02, 2013 at 06:33 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Best beaches for portrait photography

I know of a really beautiful beach on Beercan Island. My wife and I went there on our honeymoon and the sunset was marvelous.

Nov 02, 2013 at 11:03 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password