Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

This is just a 'curiosity' poll, nothing more.... So here's the setup: I have (and use) ALOT of memory cards (mostly CF but some SD as well). I used keep 'em in any number of unsatisfactory ways until I received a ThinkTank Pixel Pocket as a gift and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! Shortly thereafter I received one of the CPS versions that had the extra little pockets for SD cards as well... even better I thought! So yesterday I'm online shopping for another card Pixel Pocket and I started reading the negative user comments on the card wallets. Almost every negative comment stated that they could not fit a CF card in the card wallet while still in it's (original) plastic case. I thought to myself, how absurd it is to have an item in a 'container' inside another 'container' when the point of the Pixel Pocket (or any similar card wallet) is to have the cards organized yet easily accessible... but maybe I'm the one who's "absurd"! So that's the question: How do you carry multiple memory cards?

Omar

Oct 31, 2013 at 04:41 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

I use the Gura Gear card wallets because they don't have the loud Velcro closures. They have a simple elastic band that loops over and secures the book from flipping open.

Oct 31, 2013 at 04:49 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

I have two Pocket Rockets and they are fine for me. It is not made for having the card inside a plastic case and put it inside. That is just plain too much work when you need a new card now. Open it and see all the unused cards with the labels out. Take one out and put the used one in upside down but sideways. After backing up (on trip) put it back in upside down, straight (not sideways) to note to self, already backed up. Your method may vary.......

Oct 31, 2013 at 05:29 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

Each one in its original protective case all together in a freezer quality Zip-Lock. Waterproof, dust proof and transparent. The empty cards go in one bag the full cards get a red peel and stick sticker on the plastic case and go in the full bag. Benefit is, I can afford a new Zip-Lock as often as I need.

Oct 31, 2013 at 06:49 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

There is now about 6 different sources for the same basic pocket rocket design out. Pick your favorite

Oct 31, 2013 at 07:09 PM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

I too use the Thinktank Pixel Pocket Rocket for both my numerous CF cards and my now growing SD card collection.
I keep the SD cards in the original plastic case then put it in the Pocket Rocket - I found the SD card version doesn't provide enough protection for bare SD cards.

Oct 31, 2013 at 07:47 PM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

Edited on Nov 01, 2013 at 01:41 AM · View previous versions

Oct 31, 2013 at 07:47 PM
480sparky
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

3 Delkin Devices protective totes.

http://delkin.com/i-5829859-water-resistant-tote-for-8-sd-memory-cards.html

Oct 31, 2013 at 09:15 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

Mostly I use several small Case Logic 6x CF cases. I have some others including TT, but that one is too large and vecro-y for some purposes.

FWIW, I don't use the plastic cases in the field.

EBH

Oct 31, 2013 at 09:23 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

Where is the option for the "Lars box?"

EBH

Oct 31, 2013 at 09:24 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

I subscribe to the Lars storage method.

Oct 31, 2013 at 09:39 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

An old hard drive box is great
http://www.pbase.com/larsjohnsson/image/150682320.jpg

Nov 01, 2013 at 02:56 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

Actually I use these ones when going out and shoot. I get them for free. If buying they cost $5-6

http://www.fotofile.net/product.php?id=14883

Nov 01, 2013 at 03:00 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

EB-1 wrote:
Where is the option for the "Lars box?"

EBH

Well, I wasn't sure everyone would know exactly what is a "Lars box" so I had to say "DIY method" instead. However, I see that the "Lars box" has made it's appearance in this thread (...thankyou Lars for chiming in)!

Omar

Nov 01, 2013 at 03:10 PM
peter_n
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

I use the little Pelican case. Stores 12 micro, mini or regular sized SD cards. Also bulletproof.

Nov 01, 2013 at 03:15 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

I keep them in their original plastic cases. I store multiple cards, in their individaul cases, in the small pockets of my usual bags. Sometimes, I put them in a small Otter Box, if I'm going to be on the water, in something smaller than a 'ship'.

I use sticky tape, file tab thingies to let me know which cards are full, and which are not yet used. A tab across the latch of the card case door means it's not used. A tab across the side of the case means the card is full.

I also use coloured electrical tape to show me the capacity of the card that's in the case; yellow is 64GB, red is 32GB, smaller are clear (no tape).

I'va attached an example photo that shows, in the foreground, an empty 32GB card on the left and a full 32GB card on the right. The two, empty 64GB cards in the background are in an Otter case (model 1000), which is an excellent fit for six CF cards, in their original cases. Also bulletproof.

I use the same system for SD cards. It's just that they're too small to find, at the moment.

Nov 01, 2013 at 04:06 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

Card wallet. However when out in the field I don't need to carry more than the 2 x 32GB cards in each camera.

Nov 01, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Actually I use these ones when going out and shoot. I get them for free. If buying they cost $5-6

http://www.fotofile.net/product.php?id=14883

Yup, got one.

Nov 02, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Erik_J
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

A card wallet

Nov 02, 2013 at 03:15 AM
garyroach
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · How Do You Store Multiple Memory Cards?

I like to leave the cards in the plastic cases. I put the plastic cases in card wallets. One for SD cards and one for CF cards. But, it's hard to find wallets with pockets large enough to accommodate the plastic cases.

Nov 05, 2013 at 10:40 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.